title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Track renaming: Use batch converter or MP3TAG freeware?

Track renaming: Use batch converter or MP3TAG freeware?

I admit that in learning how to use dbpoweramp, and in the excitement of seeing the Primera Composer tear through my CD collection, I probably wasn't paying enough attention to the track naming mechanism. So I ended up with tracks from multi-disk sets being combined in single folders, and for albums where online metadata was unavailable all the tracks being hopelessly mixed up.

What is the best way to remedy these mixups? Can batch converter rename tracks using MP3 metadata in the ripped files, and if so how? Or would it be better to download and use the MP3TAG software?

Thanks.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Track renaming: Use batch converter or MP3TAG freeware?

Quote Originally Posted by BriGood View Post
    I admit that in learning how to use dbpoweramp, and in the excitement of seeing the Primera Composer tear through my CD collection, I probably wasn't paying enough attention to the track naming mechanism. So I ended up with tracks from multi-disk sets being combined in single folders, and for albums where online metadata was unavailable all the tracks being hopelessly mixed up.

What is the best way to remedy these mixups? Can batch converter rename tracks using MP3 metadata in the ripped files, and if so how? Or would it be better to download and use the MP3TAG software?

Thanks.
    either one will do the job. I've used both for this task at various times. For dbpa you'll need the "arrange audio" utility DSP downloaded and installed. Then you can batch convert to "arrange audio" and in the settings indicate how you want the metadata to be used to create file names and folders.