title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Music Converter creates 0 byte MP3 files when converting from ANY source format

Re: Music Converter creates 0 byte MP3 files when converting from ANY source format

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Completely disabled, are you sure?

In this situation, I would:

1. Use the msconfig utility and disable ALL Bitdefender start-up services and applications, restart the PC and try to convert again. This is the best way to rule out Bitdefender.

OR

2. Boot into safemode and try to convert again. This is the best way to rule out any other 3rd party software.
    mville...I am unaware of your relationship with the the support ticket process that you are responding to. My conversation up to this point has been with "Spoon", and while I do appreciate your willingness to help, I can't help but feel that the logical approach here is to deal exclusively with "Spoon".

However, for the sake of clarification, I performed the following tests:
    (1) completely uninstalled BitDefender (including all previous personal settings) and tested the problem. The 0 Byte MP3 file creation problem was unaffected.
    (2) prior to reinstalling Bitdefender, I booted into safe mode and retested. MP3 files were created successfully.
    (3) I reinstalled BitDefender, then rebooted into safe mode and retested. MP3 files were created successfully.

Administrator

Re: Music Converter creates 0 byte MP3 files when converting from ANY source format

This likely indicates you have some 3rd party security software (which is not bit defender) which is stopping the conversions.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    This likely indicates you have some 3rd party security software (which is not bit defender) which is stopping the conversions.
    No, I have no other security software. Don't make excuses, please, just address the issue. You have the log files, you have the data. Please address the issue.
    The same Lame.exe executable which DbPoweramp invokes works correctly in ALL OTHER INSTANCES.

Administrator

Safemode on the system stops other programs running, such as security software. If your system works in safemode, then you have something running which is stopping dBpoweramp running. It is not our prerogative to find out what this 3rd party software is, it is yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Safemode on the system stops other programs running, such as security software. If your system works in safemode, then you have something running which is stopping dBpoweramp running. It is not our prerogative to find out what this 3rd party software is, it is yours.
    This is not the sort of answer that I was hoping for, but perhaps my expectations were to too high.
    Fortunately, I have 5 other programs that encode to MP3 correctly. Thank you.