title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Batch convert albums

Batch convert albums

Hi

I've batch converted all my FLAC lossless compressed files to totally uncompressed but the converted files are all individual tracks and not in albums as before. How can I convert so that the albums are maintained ?
    Thanks in advance

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Batch convert albums

In which software are you seeing the individual tracks?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Tommygun2000 View Post
    Hi

I've batch converted all my FLAC lossless compressed files to totally uncompressed but the converted files are all individual tracks and not in albums as before. How can I convert so that the albums are maintained ?
    Thanks in advance
    Most likely you did not set the dynamic naming string properly in the batch converter.

On my USB stick. I converted all the Flac Compressed files situated on my hard drive to Lossless on my USB stick.

Most likely you did not set the dynamic naming string properly in the batch converter.

How do I go about doing this correctly ?

Administrator

You would set naming to something like:

[artist]\[album]\[title]

dBpoweramp Guru

[artist]\[album]\[track] - [title]

even better. The above works for non-compilations and non multi disk. I&*8217;ll post something later for those.

dBpoweramp Guru

You can use a string like this to automatically deal with compilations and multidisk sets. This puts the compilation CDs in a top folder called compilations. And it creates subfolders (Disk 1, Disk 2, etc.) for multidisk. There are other options too. This is just an example (and the one I use).

[MAXLENGTH]240,[IFCOMP]Compilations\[album] [IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title] - [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI] \Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title][][]
    Last edited by garym; 12-29-2018 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    [artist]\[album]\[track] - [title]

even better. The above works for non-compilations and non multi disk. I&*8217;ll post something later for those.
    I tried the above setting and it still converts each track as individual tracks. The original tracks that I'm converting are in a folder with the Artist Name then in folders with Album Name and on clicking the album folder the individual tracks are shown. I want to keep the same when converting. What am I missing ?

dBpoweramp Guru

I tried the above setting and it still converts each track as individual tracks. The original tracks that I'm converting are in a folder with the Artist Name then in folders with Album Name and on clicking the album folder the individual tracks are shown. I want to keep the same when converting. What am I missing ?
    Do your source files have metadata tags containing artist, album, etc. tag fields?

Do your source files have metadata tags containing artist, album, etc. tag fields?
    The source files are FLAC compressed files from CD's using dBPowerAmp CD Ripper so I'm assuming all those Tags are there as they are available on my portable DAP under artist and album and individual tracks

dBpoweramp Guru

The source files are FLAC compressed files from CD's using dBPowerAmp CD Ripper so I'm assuming all those Tags are there as they are available on my portable DAP under artist and album and individual tracks
    agree. your basic tags are there.

Also, are you using Windows or Mac versions? The windows version uses "" as directory dividers in the naming string and I recall that the Mac version uses "/" instead.
    Last edited by garym; 01-02-2019 at 01:45 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Also, you could use this as your dynamic naming.

[origpath]\[origfilename]

Just have some upper level directory different from your FLAC directory.

e.g.,

music\mp3\[origpath]\[origfilename]

to make sure it doesn't put things under the entire old path, you need something like this.
    Assume flac files are in:

music\flac\artist\album\track-title

you'll want to convert to the following dynamic naming string:

[TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][origpath][][]\[origfilename]

with base folder as music\mp3, in order to create the following results:

music\mp3\artist\album\track-title

(the above string removes the first two folders in your original path). if you need to remove 3 folders, just use trimfirstfolder 3 times (don't forget to put the matching "[]" for each use of TRIMFIRSTFOLDER).
    Last edited by garym; 01-02-2019 at 01:55 PM.

agree. your basic tags are there.

Also, are you using Windows or Mac versions? The windows version uses "" as directory dividers in the naming string and I recall that the Mac version uses "/" instead.
    Windows

Also, you could use this as your dynamic naming.

[origpath]\[origfilename]

Just have some upper level directory different from your FLAC directory.

e.g.,

music\mp3\[origpath]\[origfilename]

to make sure it doesn't put things under the entire old path, you need something like this.
    Assume flac files are in:

music\flac\artist\album\track-title

you'll want to convert to the following dynamic naming string:

[TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][origpath][][]\[origfilename]

with base folder as music\mp3, in order to create the following results:

music\mp3\artist\album\track-title

(the above string removes the first two folders in your original path). if you need to remove 3 folders, just use trimfirstfolder 3 times (don't forget to put the matching "[]" for each use of TRIMFIRSTFOLDER).
    This is confusing I'm lost with your instructions. Is there really any point converting the compressed FLAC files to totally uncompressed ? Will they sound any better ? If not then I can save myself the hassle of trying to convert them and keep the naming and folders the same.