title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How to convert iTunes to MP3

How to convert iTunes to MP3

Hi - this is my first question on this forum. As someone who is not tech brilliant, I need advice on how I can convert as quickly as possible about 2,000 CDs from iTunes to MP3 format. Grateful for any answers.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: How to convert iTunes to MP3

Do you have dBpoweramp? What file format are the 2000 CDs in?

Thanks so much mville. I do not have dbpoweramp yet (I am not sure how it works). My CDs are in AAC file format.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DJKendrick View Post
    My CDs are in AAC file format.
    Converting aac files (a lossy format) to mp3 (a lossy format) will result in reduced audio quality in the mp3 files.

Can you explain why you need to convert the aac files?

Thanks. Because I wanted to copy them on to a Brennan JB7 500GB hard drive which I was given some time ago but never made real use of.

Sorry mville - ended my reply too quickly. Not sure if everyone knows what a Brennan is -https://www.brennan.co.uk. It requires MP3 files rather than the AAC on iTunes.

Administrator

If you have a reason then there is no other way than to do the conversion, just be sure not to delete the originals.

Anyhow this is how you would do this in dBpoweramp, load Batch Converter, select your music folder with a check (and all music in sub-folders is auto selected). Click Convert, choose the encoder as 'mp3 (Lame)', set the Output to as:

Browse to your HDD and create a new folder in drive C: called 'mp3'

'Preserve Source Path', choose this new mp3 folder, then click convert.