title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Multi-Encoder - possible Bug

Multi-Encoder - possible Bug

I have discovered a possible Bug when using Multi Encoder. Maybe its just a limitation like the fact that you can't implement a overwrite check.

For a specific device i have set up a conversion, where the following dsp actions are included:

1)-add ID-Tag "Original Artist", set to "0"
    2)-Map "Artist" to "Original Artist"
    -map "Album Artist" to "Artist"

This is done because the device sorts everything by "Artist" and ignores "Album Artist", so finding any song that is part of a Compilation or that has a featuring would otherwise be very difficult.
    I still want to retain the additional information in the filename, if there is any, so i create "Original Artist" and use it in the naming scheme.
    When I do so with a standard conversion, everything works fine.
    When I apply the same settings in Multi-Encoder, "Original Artist" is correctly tagged, but in the filename it gives me nothing. Signs like "-" that are bound to the existence of that Tag are written, but in the filename it is just followed by blank.
    For example:
    This is my naming scheme:
    Code:
    [album artist]-[album][IFMULTI]-[disc].[track][][IF!MULTI][IFVALUE]track,-[track][][]-[title][IF][tag]Original Artist[],=,[artist],,-[tag]Original Artist[][]
    In Multi-Encode it gives me filenames like this:
    Code:
    AC-DC-Back in Black-01-Hells Bells-.mp3
    Various Artists-1966; A Time To Remember The Classic Years-01-Homeward Bound-.mp3
    If i do a single conversion or apply "Arrange Audio" with the same settings afterwards i get this, as intended:
    Code:
    AC-DC-Back in Black-01-Hells Bells.mp3
    Various Artists-1966; A Time To Remember The Classic Years-01-Homeward Bound-Simon & Garfunkel.mp3
    This is a special example, but simpler ones produce the same behaviour.
    But this should show more clearly which part is missbehaving.

Searching for new files and applying Arrange Audio is an easy workaround, but i thought maybe its something to improve.
    Im happily providing more information, if demanded.

Administrator

Re: Multi-Encoder - possible Bug

Your DSP effect, when using multi encoder where is the effect? in Music Converter or on the encoder page for multi-encoder?

The tag-manipulation is set up on the page associated to the individual codec, because i dont want it applied to the other conversions, so in Music Converter i guess.

Administrator

Will check for next release

Multi-encoder now uses ID Processing DSP for filenames
    That sentence is part of the newest changelog.
    I sadly can not try it myself at the moment, but is that the fix for this thread?

Administrator

Yes this is the fix.

And furthermore I'm guessing correctly that in the foreseeable future this will still not enable Multi-Encoder to perform an overwrite check?

Administrator

Perhaps for R17...