title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: unable to retrieve mata data

unable to retrieve mata data

hello,
    I have R14.4 installed on a W10 with Norton Security and DBpoweramp is listed as having internet access.

the DVD drive on this machine triggers the dialog box " this key disc cannot be used for offset detection" etc. etc.
    I've tried working though nearly 20 Cds and the response is the same. These are not compilation disks.

The properties display for the DVD drive (a dell laptop so I assume its not rubbish) is HL-DT-ST DVD+RW GU90N
    and the region was originally unset but has now been set to 2 (UK). this has made no difference.
    all tracks rip but always show " not in accurate rip". these are mainstream classic CDs which copied OK on my previous W7 machine (with CD, not DVD) but never on here.

questions:

1) " not in accurate rip"; 1.1)is this a big deal ? previous rare occasions sound OK. 1.2) I assume it is caused by "this key disc cannot be used "issue ??

2) how can I resolve the problem of " this key disc cannot be used" etc..? notwithstanding (1) I'd like to sort it.

3) why is the recovery of meta data now so slow ? just waited one minute for 11 tracks. last few weeks it just hasn't worked at all and now its dead slow.

many thanks,

PHILMA

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: unable to retrieve mata data

Hey philma,

as long as you see the message "this key disc cannot be used for offset detection" your cd drive is not configured and it can't produce accurate rips. If your type of cd drive is known in the accurate rip database at all, you have to feed cds (very coomon cds will work best) til it is configured. But remember - this has nothing to do with meta data!

The source of your meta data problem might be that AMG has discontinued its service. Try to disable AMG as meta data provider.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by philma View Post
    1) " not in accurate rip"; 1.1)is this a big deal ? previous rare occasions sound OK. 1.2) I assume it is caused by "this key disc cannot be used "issue ??

2) how can I resolve the problem of " this key disc cannot be used" etc..? notwithstanding (1) I'd like to sort it.
    See here: AccurateRip Key Discs

Hello Dat Ei: thanks for you advice re AMG.

I've tried 18 CDs so far, none work, and all are in the list. You said "If your type of cd drive is known in the accurate rip database at all ". well it isn't, I think, because the dialog box says so ".....or your drive does not exist".
    if this is true then I am wasting my time. Can you tell me if this drive does exist in the system ? please note this is a DVD drive (apologies!) I assume this makes no difference.

many thanks.

philma

Administrator

Eventually it will configure, just have to keep feeding discs.