title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Problem with running two asset servers in 6.1

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Problem with running two asset servers in 6.1

I have two separate Asset servers running on Raspberry Pis. Each is obv on its own IP address and is effectively a replica of the other. I have 5 instances running on each, named 1.1 ROCK, 1.2 CLASSICAL etc. on the first and 2.1 ROCK, 2.1 CLASSICAL on the other.

Under previous versions, it worked fine and both sets of servers appear in my Naim control app and when I disable a server it disappears, reappearing as I enable it. So far so good.

Under 6.1 release it seems to behave differently. I know only get one set of servers and the latest one enabled seems to "win" i.e. if I turn on the second server first I get 2.12 ROCK and if I do it the other way round I get 1.2 ROCK.

Also it seems that the servers are always there, whether they are enabled or not. Even if I just have one server running and disable an instance it disappears and then reappears again in the list.

I have just reinstalled over the existing install and the same behaviour is still there. ANy thoughts?

Philip

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Problem with running two asset servers in 6.1

Ok solved the not disappearing when disabling each server issue. I had forgotten I had a third server! That is now working fine. However, the two servers that are meant to be running are still clashing in that both sets of instances are not being shown at the same time as reported above.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

It also has nothing to do with the name of the instance in that the first instance when enabled and disabled on either server will always replace its counterpart.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Completely removed Asset including .dBpoweramp and reinstalled from scratch and it behaves itself correctly now. Not sure if it was an issue of constant reinstalls over the top of older versions but now works correctly!