title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Ripper Converting Delimiter for Multiple Artists from semicolon to slash

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adavis521
    • Jan 2010

Re: Ripper Converting Delimiter for Multiple Artists from semicolon to slash

Originally posted by mville
    First of all, I assume that with ALL your flac rips with multi-value tags, you have used the semi-colon as the separator and the same tags show the semi-colon separator, in Edit ID-Tag. This is my experience when using CD Ripper and ripping to flac.

I have no experience with tag&rename so cannot comment on what is happening to your flacs when you use the software and what possible changes may or may not occur when using the software.

I think you'd be better served by checking with tag&rename support, for a possible explanation.

Yes that is correct. Every time I rip a track with CD ripper I use the same format. What I am saying is despite using the same format every time, tag&rename is interpreting that format differently today. That to me means there's something that I can't see in the format, additional coding which helps tag&rename choose whether to preserve the semicolon format or use the slash. I have emailed their customer support. I really appreciate your support today and I will contact you if I have further questions.

Comment

• blindaenar
      • Apr 2022

Re: Ripper Converting Delimiter for Multiple Artists from semicolon to slash

I have the same issue. I input in the Artist field "Artist1; Artist 2", but it is written to the ripped files as "Artist 1/Artist 2". I am sure it's dbpoweramp and not my player, because if I open the files immediately after ripping with Mp3tag I see the wrong separator

Comment

Working...

]]>