title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Unable to play songs in Asset 6.1 from Windows Home Server 11

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • allgmjim
    • Mar 2018

Unable to play songs in Asset 6.1 from Windows Home Server 11

I upgraded to 6.1 and can't seem to get it together. The earlier version worked fine. My collection in Asset UPnP is on a Windows Home Server 2011. The server has scanned my albums and tracks. When I open Asset Control it list the albums, tracks, and album art. When I open an album all of the tracks have a musical note in a circle with a line through it. I tried uninstalling and re-installing but nothing changed.

This is what I get when I open an album
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture7.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	297293

This is the server screen.

Name:	Capture2.PNG
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	297291

This is the config screen

Name:	Capture3.PNG
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	297292

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Unable to play songs in Asset 6.1 from Windows Home Server 11

The line through it means the player does not accept that format, or no player is selected, you have the player selected?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• allgmjim
      • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Spoon
      The line through it means the player does not accept that format, or no player is selected, you have the player selected?
      No on the player. Control searches for one endlessly. Is there some place to specify one? I'm not even sure I understand fully what a 'player' is. I am using a Windows 10 Home PC with Asset Control on it as a player? The PC's USB output is playing through a Korg DS DAC100.

My library is totally flac.

I appreciate the help... Jim

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Asset Control is the control point, with UPnP you need a Server (Asset UPnP), control point and a player, try installing Foobar with the UPnP component as the player.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• allgmjim
          • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Spoon
          Asset Control is the control point, with UPnP you need a Server (Asset UPnP), control point and a player, try installing Foobar with the UPnP component as the player.
          I had been using dBpoweramp Rennaisance before. I believe that served as the player. Is there something I need to do with it after I installed the new Asset version?

UPDATE: I re-installed Rennaisance and all seems well. Thank you for investigating the problem and the advice you gave. Jim
          Last edited by allgmjim; 03-25-2018, 11:43 PM. Reason: Update

Comment

Working...

]]>