title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

WMA codec

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cdphobe
    • Mar 2018

WMA codec

Hi,

I'm trying to download the codec to enable WMA9 use on a Windows 10 machine. I've been to the codec central area but the link on the page (to a .exe file) simply stays on the same page and doesn't start a download. The page's tab changes to "Waiting for response from dbpoweramp.com". I've tried both IE and Edge browsers. Any ideas please (it's a clean load of the current release of dB)?

Al
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: WMA codec

It is not possible to install a specific version of WMA on Windows 10 as it already ships with WMA.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• cdphobe
      • Mar 2018

Thanks Spoon - don't know what happened but dbpoweramp was unable to "see" any WMA file as an audio file when trying to convert. After a couple of power cycles, and trying on a different day, the codec downloaded and after running this all seems well again.

Al

Comment

• mtber60
        • Mar 2018

I have a potential issue that sounds like it is the same...I recently installed R16.4 and also have the file "dBpoweramp-Codec-WMA10Pro" installed, but the dBPoweramp Converter does not seem to be able to see/detect the WMA files that I wish to convert to MP3; any ideas on what I should do? Note that I am running Windows 10 Pro.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

You installed the codec to the same location as dBpoweramp?
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>