title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Dbpowermp batch conversion creates many sub folders unexpectedly

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dbpowermp batch conversion creates many sub folders unexpectedly

I just downloaded DBPOWERAMP trial.

When converting FOLDER+SUBFOLDERs from FLAC to APPLE LOSSLESS, dbpoweramp BATCH CONVERTER does not maintain folder structure when writing th .m4a files.

more specifically, if all FLAC files are in a single SUBFOLDER, some of the .m4a files are written to the folder containing the FLAC files.. but in some cases, some of the .m4a files are written to subfolders created by dbpoweramp batch. the batch process creates the multiple subfolders with similar, but different names to the folder containing the FLAC files.

When this happens, all FLAC files are converted ..

This is an intermittent issue where some batch conversions write all of the .m4a files to the original folder containing the FLAC files. While other batch conversions result in multiple sub folders being created and the .m4a files are spread amongst the multiple folders.

I have tried this on two different PCs (dell xps and dell alienware) running latest version of windows 10.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Dbpowermp batch conversion creates many sub folders unexpectedly

Check your naming string and the tags of the input files.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mersenne View Post
    When converting FOLDER+SUBFOLDERs from FLAC to APPLE LOSSLESS, dbpoweramp BATCH CONVERTER does not maintain folder structure when writing th .m4a files.
    When converting your FLAC files to ALAC, where do you want your ALAC files to be created i.e. which folder(s)?

In the dBpoweramp Music Converter window, what have you configured in the Output To drop-down box?

i have output set to : source drive:\source path\source file name -- in most cases, it writes the .m4a files to the folder containing the FLAC files. in about 25% of the conversions, BATCH CONVERSION creates many folders with similar but different names. in BOTH cases the .m4a files are all created successfully but when multiple folders are created, i must manually combine the .m4a files into the correct folder.

dBpoweramp Guru

You haven't answered my question, where do you want your ALAC files to be created i.e. which folder(s)?

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    You haven't answered my question, where do you want your ALAC files to be created i.e. which folder(s)?
    I thought I answered your question. I stated what the dropdown shows:

source drive:\source path\source file name

This indicates I want them created in the same folder that the SOURCE (FLAC) file resides.

Most of the time they are ALL created in that folder. A percentage of the time, they are spread among numerous folders that are created by the batch convert.

BTW, it is creating .m4v (apple lossless) not ALAC.

dBpoweramp Guru

I thought I answered your question. I stated what the dropdown shows:

source drive:\source path\source file name

This indicates I want them created in the same folder that the SOURCE (FLAC) file resides.

Most of the time they are ALL created in that folder. A percentage of the time, they are spread among numerous folders that are created by the batch convert.
    OK I understand now, you want the converted files to be created in the source folder(s).

On conversions where files are not saved to the source folder, but numerous folders are created, are you sure that on these conversions
    Output To = Source Drive:\Source Path\Source Filename?

Also, are you using any DSPs, on these conversions?

BTW, it is creating .m4v (apple lossless) not ALAC.
    The Apple Lossless encoder creates ALAC (Apple Lossless Audio Codec) files, with the file extension .m4a, not .m4v.

Please confirm, you have selected Apple Lossless from the Encoding drop-down box?