title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: <no CD drive found>

<no CD drive found>

I have a win10-machine, I have googled some, and a lot of people seem to have problems with CD/DVD-drives in win10 diesapperaing. Mine work in a way, but I cannot see them in dBpoweramp. The are visible in the explorer, and they are visible in EAC, but not in dbpoweramp (and not in J river media center, if that helps).

A realted question, can you export the medtadata from dbpoweramp to eac-rips easily? I have heard good things about the meta-data-capability of dbpoweramp, and that is my main reason for trying it. I will probably use EAC for the actual ripping.

Re: <no CD drive found>

The drives are IDE.

Administrator

You would be best trying a cheap USB cd drive. It is not possible to export the metadata.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You would be best trying a cheap USB cd drive. It is not possible to export the metadata.
    I am not giving up my plextor premiums for a cheap usb drive I tried installing win7 on the machine, with the same hardware, it works there.