title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe [clEncoder::EncodeBlock]

Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe [clEncoder::EncodeBlock]

Hi everybody.

I seem to be having trouble trying to rip one song. All the other songs on the CD rip and encode fine, but the last track always throw the "Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe [clEncoder::EncodeBlock]" message. This only happens when I use mp3 (Lame). Using FLAC, WAV, and m4a FDK (AAC) doesn't throw the error. I am using dBpoweramp 16.3. I have attached the error log below of the failed rip.

Code:
    Splitting Command Line:"C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\CoreConverter.exe" -dbcmd="C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\dBTAABD.tmp"
    ->->  [dBCoreConverter::ReaddBCommandFile]
    <-<-  [dBCoreConverter::ReaddBCommandFile]
    Allying to Processor 1
    ->->  [cldBCodecHandler::LoadEncoder]
      Loading Encoder 'C:\Program Files\dBpoweramp\encoder\mp3 (Lame).DLL'
    <-<-  [cldBCodecHandler::LoadEncoder]
    BatchID  [clEncoder::Set]
    ->->  [dBCoreConverter::StripCoreConverterCmds]
    <-<-  [dBCoreConverter::StripCoreConverterCmds]
    SendRawUnCompressed  [clEncoder::Get]
    Communicate  [clEncoder::Get]
    ->->  [dBCoreConverter::OpenDecoder]
      Reading StdIn Tmp File IDTags: Read
      Using StdInput WFX:Format Tag: 1  Channels: 2  Bits per Sample: 16  Samples Per Second: 44100  Bytes Per Second: 176400  Block Align: 4  CB Size: 0
    <-<-  [dBCoreConverter::OpenDecoder]
    SendOverReplayGainTags  [clEncoder::Get]
    ->->  [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
      Converting to 'D:\Music\Bob Dylan\Blood on the Tracks\10. Buckets of Rain._' encoder settings ' -V="0"'
      Lame encoder settings: -V 0 --noreplaygain -r --little-endian --bitwidth 16 - "D:\Music\BOBDYL~1\BLOODO~1\10BUCK~1._"
    <-<-  [clEncoder::BeginConversion]
    Encoding To: mp3 (Lame)
    Encoder Cmd Line:  -V="0"
    ============= CONVERSION BEGIN =============
    *** Error: Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe  [clEncoder::EncodeBlock]
    ============= CONVERSION END =============
    ->->  [dBCoreConverter::CloseDecoder]
      ->->  [dBCoreConverter::CloseDecoder]
      <-<-  [dBCoreConverter::CloseDecoder]
    ->->  [clEncoder::EndConversion]
    <-<-  [clEncoder::EndConversion]
      File Size Check : 6171632 bytes   Filename: D:\Music\Bob Dylan\Blood on the Tracks\10. Buckets of Rain._
      File Size Check (before ID Tags Written): 6171632 bytes   Filename: D:\Music\Bob Dylan\Blood on the Tracks\10. Buckets of Rain._
      ->->  [dBCoreConverter::IDTagWriter]
    Decodes  [clDecoder_MP3_MPG123::Get]
    IDTags  [clDecoder_MP3_MPG123::Set]
    ->->  [clDecoder_MP3_MPG123::WriteIDTags]
      Opening file 'D:\Music\Bob Dylan\Blood on the Tracks\10. Buckets of Rain._' for write access: Opened
    <-<-  [clDecoder_MP3_MPG123::WriteIDTags]
      <-<-  [dBCoreConverter::IDTagWriter]
      Conversion completed in 11.4 seconds x18 realtime encoding
      File Size Check (core converter exit): 6173303 bytes   Filename: D:\Music\Bob Dylan\Blood on the Tracks\10. Buckets of Rain._

Administrator

Re: Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe [clEncoder::EncodeBlock]

It is the lame encoder which is failing to accept data, however most of the file is encoded. Do you have any security software?

Hi Spoon. I use Microsoft Security Essentials. I have tried disabling it, but that didn't complete the ripping. I then read your guide on totally clearing dBpoweramp from a computer, specifically deleting the registry settings, and that resolved my issue. I guess using the same registry settings from years ago screwed something up.

I spoke a bit too soon on resolving the issue. When I ripped the last track using the default mp3 (Lame) settings, it successfully completes the task. However, using Quality -V 0 seems to revert back to the "Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe [clEncoder::EncodeBlock]" message. I tried using the other quality settings and they successfully ripped and encoded the file. Could this be a Lame issue or something with dBpoweramp? I know in the past I was able to rip the last track fine.

Administrator

Likely an issue in Lame, you are using dBpoweramp R16.3?

Yup, I'm using dBpoweramp R16.3. I can provide you the WAV or FLAC file of the song, if you like.

I did further testing by downloading Lame 3.100 64-bit from RareWares and tried encoding the problematic song (WAV file rip) via CLI. I used the same settings from dBpoweramp (-V 0 --noreplaygain). To my amazement, it encoded the song perfectly fine and played back perfectly. I forgot to mention earlier that this error also occurs when I attempt to convert the WAV or FLAC file I ripped to mp3 (Lame).

Administrator

The issue will be related to the stdin pipes which dBpoweramp uses. We are not lame developers so the file in question will not help us.

Administrator

As a test try replacing lame with the last version prior to 3.100 (in the dBpoweramp >> encoders >> mp3 (Lame) >> folder)

I did further testing last night by downloading Lame 3.100 64-bit from RareWares and tried encoding the problematic song from a WAV file rip. I used the same settings from dBpoweramp for this test (-V 0 --noreplaygain). To my amazement, the file encoded perfectly fine and played back with no problems. I forgot to mention that the error appears when trying to convert the song from a WAV or FLAC file rip in dBpoweramp.

Administrator

Strange, there must be a bug in Lame depending on which compiler was used.

I joined this forum specifically to state that I too am encountering this error. I am using the paid version of dBpoweramp Reference 16.3 running on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, and when I try to rip a CD (in this case "A Perfect Circle - Mer De Noms",) I get the exact same error as OP: "Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe [clEncoder::EncodeBlock]". The CD will rip just fine, and they will output to FLAC without any problems whatsoever, but if I try to encode to MP3 using LAME, I get errors every time.

It's late now, but tomorrow I am going to try rolling back to my previous paid version (R15.3, I think) and I will report back with the results. The funny thing is, I didn't get this issue a year ago, even though I was using the same computer, the same optical drive, and even the same CD! This only happened after a computer crash which led to me having to reinstall my OS, along with all my programs. I'll be keeping a close eye on this thread, as this is simply baffling to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    As a test try replacing lame with the last version prior to 3.100 (in the dBpoweramp >> encoders >> mp3 (Lame) >> folder)
    I downloaded Lame 3.99.5 64-bit from RareWares and replaced the Lame file that was inside the folder you specified. The WAV file rip converted to MP3 perfectly fine using dBpoweramp (with -V 0 settings). I also tried replacing the Lame file using 3.100 64-bit from RareWares and that worked fine, too.

Well, I figured it out, and the answer was very simple actually. It turns out that my antivirus program, Bitdefender Total Security, was blocking the lame.exe under "Safe Files / Application Access." All I had to do was whitelist it and it works fine now. That's what fixed it for me anyway.

Post Re: Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe [clEncoder::EncodeBlock]

Quote Originally Posted by snkcube View Post
    Hi Spoon. I use Microsoft Security Essentials. I have tried disabling it, but that didn't complete the ripping. I then read your guide on totally clearing dBpoweramp from a computer, specifically deleting the registry settings, and that resolved my issue. I guess using the same registry settings from years ago screwed something up.
    This thread was closed?
    I was the same problem ripping to DSD. so I had solve the case.
    In Green square (with round corner shape) select CD ripper opition, then in 'Tags & Filenames' 'When Ripping' and select "rip to temporary folder, move after ripping" So it could work.
    Try it.
    Sorry for my poor English.