title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

"PowerPack not installed" error

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lproven
    • Jan 2004

"PowerPack not installed" error

I'm on XP Pro SP1. I have been using dMC for some months successfully; I play back with iTunes or WinAmp 5 and use Creative's own (dreadful) software to xfer to my Nomad Zen jukebox.

I've tried to install the PowerPack, enhanced WMP codes and mobile device support. Mainly, I wanted PowerPack's enhanced ID tag editing.

I updated to dMC r10.1 first.

Then, when I first installed PowerPack, it said that there was an error calling a Windows Media DLL.

Then, when running dMC, it said the PowerPack had expired.

I tried loading the WMP9 codecs from dbpoweramp.com - no joy. I also not they describe themselves as a beta version. After this, my copy of Windows MediaPlayer also just hung.

I installed the "official" WMP9 codecs from windowsupdate.

Now, WMP runs again. However, the Properties pane of an MP3 in Explorer still says "PowerPack must be installed for ID3 tag editing."

I've tried removing and reinstalling it. No change, though it now installs without errors.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there anything I can do to fix this?

If the PowerPack gives me the group tag editing I need, direct from Explorer, I'm happy to register it, but I can't even try it this way...
    However, I just get an error saying
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: "PowerPack not installed" error

Run this:

Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• thainane1
      • Feb 2004

I had a similar problem, this worked great!
      Thanks spoon, you're stuff is awsum, my main music programs.

Comment

• GorillaBoy
        • Feb 2004

Already answered. Sorry!
        Last edited by GorillaBoy; 02-10-2004, 05:57 AM. Reason: Didn't see the reply answer was already there. Sorry!

Comment

Working...

]]>