title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How to tag two artists to one song so Asset lists it under both artists?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • uncl_nigel
    • Aug 2017

How to tag two artists to one song so Asset lists it under both artists?

I have several albums which are collaborations between two artists e.g. Menaiset and Toorama. I would like them to appear under both artists e.g. "Menaiset" and "Toorama".

How do I list the artists in the artist line of the id-tag so that Asset lists them under both artists instead of creating a composite such as "Menaiset and Toorama"? Which character to use as a separator?
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: How to tag two artists to one song so Asset lists it under both artists?

Originally posted by uncl_nigel
    I have several albums which are collaborations between two artists e.g. Menaiset and Toorama. I would like them to appear under both artists e.g. "Menaiset" and "Toorama".

How do I list the artists in the artist line of the id-tag so that Asset lists them under both artists instead of creating a composite such as "Menaiset and Toorama"? Which character to use as a separator?
    In ID tag artist field:

ARTIST: artist1;artist2
    that is use semicolon between. No spaces.

Comment

• uncl_nigel
      • Aug 2017

Thanks I'll try that
      Originally posted by garym
      In ID tag artist field:

Comment

• uncl_nigel
        • Aug 2017

Originally posted by garym
        In ID tag artist field:

That did not do the trick for me

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

You need the space so:

artist1; artist2
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• uncl_nigel
            • Aug 2017

Originally posted by Spoon
            You need the space so:

artist1; artist2
            This only works so far...

I no longer have the composite artist listing - "Menaiset and Toorama" in my initial example - but the album still only lists under "Menaiset" with no "Toorama" to be seen under T.

Comment

• mville
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Dec 2008

I no longer have the composite artist listing - "Menaiset and Toorama" in my initial example - but the album still only lists under "Menaiset" with no "Toorama" to be seen under T.
              It suggests a problem with your UPnP client software. In which software does it exhibit this behaviour?

Comment

• uncl_nigel
                • Aug 2017

I am using a Simaudio Mind180 and its iPad app, listing with the Artist/album function. (simaudio explicitly recommends Asset)

Comment

• mville
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Dec 2008

I am using a Simaudio Mind180 and its iPad app, listing with the Artist/album function. (simaudio explicitly recommends Asset)
                  You'll need to confirm that the Simaudio supports multi-value Artists. Which version of Asset UPnP are you running?

Comment

• uncl_nigel
                    • Aug 2017

Originally posted by mville
                    You'll need to confirm that the Simaudio supports multi-value Artists. Which version of Asset UPnP are you running?
                    R5.1.1 for MacOS

Comment

Working...

]]>