title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Problem uninstalling and reinstalling

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kendalltob
    • Feb 2013

Problem uninstalling and reinstalling

I want to uninstall and reinstall PerfectTunes to make sure I have a clean version. I could not uninstall from Windows 10 Apps uninstall utility (error saying it could not find spool/uninstall.exe). I therefore deleted the program files, deleted the entry in the installed apps (using CC Cleaner), deleted PerfectTunes in AppData/Roaming, and cleaned the registry. I then tried a reinstall and was given a message that Version 2.1 already eists and do I want to uninstall it and reinstall. I want to make sure I have a clean install with no residual data, so I want to be sure that all trace of perfectTunes is already removed. Why am I getting a message that says V2.1 still exists, and how do I really clean up the installation?
    hanks for your help
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Problem uninstalling and reinstalling

If you reinstall, all files are overwritten.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• kendalltob
      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Spoon
      If you reinstall, all files are overwritten.
      Thank you. That is reassuring. I am still curous as to why the system still thinks I have V2.1 when I (think) I have deleted everything. Where is it getting this information?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Somewhere in the Windows registry, no files just a name and number.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>