title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Track title not showing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Altheia
    • Jul 2017

Track title not showing

I have a new release CD compilation and the track titles do not show on any of the disks. I get many of these cds. I see Itunes has the titles. I would rather not type in all this in. I assume there is title data on the disks. The time for each track does display.

Does the program rely only on metadata from the Internet or can I use an option to use disk data?

Thank you
    Last edited by Altheia; 07-31-2017, 06:01 PM.
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: Track title not showing

Hey Altheia,

there are no data on the discs (except TOC and for some CDs the so called CD text). Meta data are always retrieved from databases on the internet. Different databases have different content. And sometimes it takes a little while until a database has the meta data for new releases.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Altheia
      • Jul 2017

Originally posted by Dat Ei
      Hey Altheia,

there are no data on the discs (except TOC and for some CDs the so called CD text). Meta data are always retrieved from databases on the internet. Different databases have different content. And sometimes it takes a little while until a database has the meta data for new releases.

Dat Ei
      Great you confirmed what I was reading elsewhere. Itunes found the names of the track, so I assume that Itunes access it's own database that gets a faster upgrade?

Comment

• Altheia
        • Jul 2017

I upgraded to version release 16 and it found the titles. They added a new Metadata provider. I like the new interface. Great suite of programs!

Comment

• Oggy
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Altheia
          I upgraded to version release 16 and it found the titles. They added a new Metadata provider. I like the new interface. Great suite of programs!
          iTunes use the Gracenote CDDB, and CD Ripper, the ones you see in version 16. dBpoweramp obviously also has the AccurateRip feature, so brand new CDs have to be entered into it, to give a match and that reassuring AccurateRip.

If the disc hasn't yet been entered, using a Secure setting, you still have the additional feedback, and confidence, of a Secure rip.
          Last edited by Oggy; 08-01-2017, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Working...

]]>