title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

RE: Ripping Level Question (help?)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monsterjazzlick
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Jul 2017

Re: Ripping Level Question (help?)

Hi again, If I check the 'Length' box in the 'Tag ID Options' window (ie. so as to permit this particular tag to show on compatible devices):

Click image for larger version

Name:	New_Tag_ID.png
Views:	2
Size:	13.8 KB
ID:	293483

... and then I call up the 'Create New Tag' on the bottom of the page (as per screenshot):

Name:	New_Tag.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	293484

... there is no choice (in the pop-up scroll) for 'Length'!? I would have thought that all of the possible tags offered in the 'Tag ID Options' (first screenshot) would appear in the lower pop-up of 'Create New Tag'. Or do you just have to type in the ones which are missing, please? Thanks.
    Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-12-2017, 10:40 PM. Reason: MOVED from: 'WMP' thread.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Jul 2017

no clue. And wrong thread. But if you tick length, the cd ripper will automatically fill in length tag when you rip.
      Gary, Cheers. So I don't even need to create/write in a field for 'Length'. 'dBpa' will complete the tag/info. for me behind the scenes. I was assuming I would have to perform something like:

Name:	Length.png
Views:	1
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	293485

But maybe the 'Length' tag does not appear because - as you say - once checked it is automatic? Paul

Comment

• garym
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by monsterjazzlick
        ,But maybe the 'Length' tag does not appear because - as you say - once checked it is automatic? Paul
        Correct.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Jul 2017

Originally posted by garym
          Correct.
          Awesome!

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Jul 2017

Hi, For any newbies wishing to take a quick glance at my 'Meta-Data' tag (per album):

Name:	dBpa_1.png
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	293486

Name:	dBpa_2.png
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	293487

Hope this may help. Cheers.
            Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-13-2017, 01:24 PM. Reason: screenshot

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Jul 2017

Hi, If an album was recorded on two separate dates (ie. Nov. 1959 and March 1960), then in the DATE field, should one type: '1959/1960', please? (as per screenshot):

Name:	Rec.png
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	293493

Comment

• garym
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Nov 2007

Hi, If an album was recorded on two separate dates (ie. Nov. 1959 and March 1960), then in the DATE field, should one type: '1959/1960', please? (as per screenshot):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1541[/ATTACH]
                no right or wrong. If it makes sense to you, I'd do it. I suspect few players will show you the recorded tag anyhow, so it's really just for your personal use. (although certainly , you can configure foobar to show this tag info in your library within foobar)

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Jul 2017

no right or wrong. If it makes sense to you, I'd do it. I suspect few players will show you the recorded tag anyhow, so it's really just for your personal use.
                  Hi Gary, I tagged the 'Session Years' as per above, thanks. My Sony Walkman does not display this info. though (I just tested it). It only shows 'Release Year'. Paul
                  Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-14-2017, 09:46 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Jul 2017

... (although certainly , you can configure foobar to show this tag info in your library within foobar)
                    Gary, I would be interested to learn this procedure if possible, please. Then I can test it out in foobar to see how such a tag appears/responds. Paul

Comment

• garym
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Nov 2007

Gary, I would be interested to learn this procedure if possible, please. Then I can test it out in foobar to see how such a tag appears/responds. Paul
                      foobar is infinitely flexible. I consider it a great program but it is certainly made for "geeks" who can really dig in and tinker (of course it can be used "out of the box" with no customization too.) I'm not an expert on it. You have the extent of my customization already so I can't be much further help. You'd have to define the custom tag within foobar and add it to one of the facets. You can add columns within a facet (just like I have "date modified" genre, etc. You can read the instructions on facets here:

I see a video on it here that may help (I haven't watched):

There's an entire forum devoted to foobar2000 at hydrogenaud.io. But when you post there, be sure to do your homework first, read their "Terms of Service" carefully. The folks there can be abrupt. See here:

Given that this forum is dbpoweramp and illustrate products (and not a foobar forum), it's probably not a great idea to turn this into a foobar help thread, since one already exists elsewhere. You have all my foobar suggestions working properly. To change things, you'll need to study foobar documentation and experiment.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Jul 2017

Thanks a lot Gary - I watched the You Tube video, etc. Yes, the foobar does look to be very customizable. I have joined the 'hydrogenaud.io' forum, but have not as yet posted anything - this 'Illustrate' forum has been taking up most of my online time! I am stuck on a foobar/artwork issue at the moment, so I will post it on the 'hydrogenaud.io' forum if I can't sort it. I agree, this thread has jumped around quite a bit, but hopefully others may find it useful. Cheers, Paul.
                        Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-15-2017, 04:35 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• garym
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Nov 2007

Thanks a lot Gary - I watched the You Tube video, etc. Yes, the foobar does look to be very customizable. I have joined the 'hydrogenaud.io' forum, but have not as yet posted anything - this 'Illustrate' forum has been taking up most of my online time! I am stuck on a foobar/artwork issue at the moment, so I will post it on the 'hydrogenaud.io' forum if I can't sort it. I agree, this thread has jumped around quite a bit, but hopefully others may find it useful. Cheers, Paul.
                          no problem. what's the artwork issue. In your pictures, the art is showing properly in the lower left box.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Jul 2017

no problem. what's the artwork issue. In your pictures, the art is showing properly in the lower left box.
                            Cheers Gary,

OK, so this issue/quirk is only happening with one CD, exclusively. I have tried re-ripping it and also attaching different artwork images etc.

When I click on the album name of all the other recordings, the artwork automatically appears. To be specific, I am just selecting (or scrolling through) the album titles and NOT actually playing them. For example:

Name:	Art_7.jpg
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	293496

However, with one CD in particular ('Miles Davis Live At The Philharmonic'), when I click on the album title, I get the 'no image' message (appearing in the artwork box); despite the fact that there IS artwork associated with the rip:

Name:	No_Art.png
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	293497

Now, bizarrely, when I PLAY one of the tracks of the album in question ('Miles Davis Live At The Philharmonic'), the artwork magically appears!:

Name:	Art_6.jpg
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	293498

And so, I have no idea why this glitch is occurring with this one single recording!?

Thanks,

Paul
                            Last edited by monsterjazzlick; 08-15-2017, 08:27 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• garym
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Nov 2007

Cheers Gary,

OK, so this issue/quirk is only happening with one CD, exclusively. I have tried re-ripping it and also attaching different artwork images etc.

When I click on the album name of all the other recordings, the artwork automatically appears. To be specific, I am just selecting (or scrolling through) the album titles and NOT actually playing them. For example:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1548[/ATTACH]

However, with one CD in particular ('Miles Davis Live At The Philharmonic'), when I click on the album title, I get the 'no image' message (appearing in the artwork box); despite the fact that there IS artwork associated with the rip:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1549[/ATTACH]

Now, bizarrely, when I PLAY one of the tracks of the album in question ('Miles Davis Live At The Philharmonic'), the artwork magically appears!:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1550[/ATTACH]

And so, I have no idea why this glitch is occurring with this one single recording!?

Thanks,

Paul
                              odd. No clue. I'd remove the folder.jpg or cover.jpg (whatever name you're using for artwork from the folder with your album), or delete it from the tags if it is embedded artwork. Then I'd get the art from some other source and rename to appropriate name or re-embed the art in the files. Maybe something odd about the actual artwork file.

Comment

• monsterjazzlick
                                dBpoweramp Guru
                                • Jul 2017

odd. No clue. I'd remove the folder.jpg or cover.jpg (whatever name you're using for artwork from the folder with your album), or delete it from the tags if it is embedded artwork. Then I'd get the art from some other source and rename to appropriate name or re-embed the art in the files. Maybe something odd about the actual artwork file.
                                Yup, that's a weird one! Yes, it's embedded. I will try with another artwork image. Thanks.

Comment

Working...

]]>