title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

[Q MacOSX] 16.1 FLAC files do not show in DSAudio

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pobo
    • Aug 2016

[Q MacOSX] 16.1 FLAC files do not show in DSAudio

I've been happily using dBpoweramp for MacOSX for about a year.

I recently upgrades to 16.1. I'm confused about the following:

When I rip to FLAC, the new files do not show up in DSAudio (the Synology audio app), both on iOS and on Android. They are definitely on my Synology NAS, I can play them in a browser, I see them on the mounted volume. I can also access them using LightningDS, the app that comes with my Auralic streamer.

And yes, all my old FLAC files, ripped with versions of dBpoweramp before 16.1 work fine with DSAudio.

It seems to me that there are three possibilities:
    - my ripping settings do not go well with 16.1
    - dBpoweramp generates a new type of FLAC files which DSAudio does not like
    - the latest version of the DSAudio app does not like the latest dBpoweramp flash files.

Has anyone run into this?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Tom
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: [Q MacOSX] 16.1 FLAC files do not show in DSAudio

There is another possibility, the DS Audio app is not scanning new files, to test this, take an album off the NAS copy to PC and delete the folder, then put that album back, but in a different location, does the DSAudio app pick it up?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Pobo
      • Aug 2016

Re: [Q MacOSX] 16.1 FLAC files do not show in DSAudio

Originally posted by Spoon
      There is another possibility, the DS Audio app is not scanning new files, to test this, take an album off the NAS copy to PC and delete the folder, then put that album back, but in a different location, does the DSAudio app pick it up?
      You're right, Spoon, it is a problem with the DSAudio app not scanning files, or Audio Station not re-indexing. It's a mystery why, but not a dBPoweramp problem.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...

]]>