title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset not working after QNAP firmware update

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davidsmall
    • Feb 2015

Asset not working after QNAP firmware update

I've been running Asset on my QNAP-TS-453Pro,running alongside a Linn system and dBPoweramp on Apple iOS 10 for over two years without issue until last week when I installed a QNAP firmware update. Asset was not visible on my Mac after the update, or on any of the Linn software. On the QNAP page on iOS 10, the Asset app was still there but when clicked gave only a message saying "This site can't be reached" and "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED". The address of the QNAP is also shown, correctly. I have tried uninstalling Asset and reinstalling the latest version, also installed another QNAP update yesterday but the same issue continues. There is no way to configure Asset, as the QNAP does not give any configuration option for the app. Can anyone help please? QNAP help directed me here. Thank You
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset not working after QNAP firmware update

How much memory has your NAS got?

I am reading that the update to firmware is using more memory now, so if you are running 512MB or 1GB it might not be enough now to run other apps such as Asset. You can try to disable the other apps which you are not using.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• davidsmall
      • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Spoon
      How much memory has your NAS got?

I am reading that the update to firmware is using more memory now, so if you are running 512MB or 1GB it might not be enough now to run other apps such as Asset. You can try to disable the other apps which you are not using.
      Thanks for your reply Spoon. The QNAP has 16Gb of memory of which it is currently using 1.4Gb. I think the issue may lie elsewhere. CPU usage is sitting at average 24%. Any help you can offer is greatly appreciated. The QNAP's main use is as my music server and I only bought QNAP because it runs Asset. Please let me know if you need more information. Thank You

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Uninstall Asset and see if cpu usage is still 24%
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• davidsmall
          • Feb 2015

Just home from work, uninstalled Asset and no effect on CPU or memory usage. Noticed virus scan running as a background task, so closed that down and stopped the antivirus programme (www.clamav.net). Reinstalled Asset and it started up normally! The antivirus programme must have been blocking Asset!

Comment

Working...

]]>