title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: ID3 Tags for flac

ID3 Tags for flac

Here's a question, not sure if there is a way to do this. I have old mp3 files from some out of print albums. I now have flac files of these and would like to transfer the tags from my mp3s. Is this possible to do as a batch, without having to copy/paste individual files or re-typing?
    Thanks

Administrator

Re: ID3 Tags for flac

You are re-ripping or converting the mp3 >> flac?

I found flacs online and the tags are not in any common databases.

Administrator

It is not possible with dBpoweramp to transfer the tags from one file to another.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dtutt View Post
    I have old mp3 files from some out of print albums. I now have flac files of these and would like to transfer the tags from my mp3s. Is this possible to do as a batch, without having to copy/paste individual files or re-typing?
    MP3Tag will do this but it is fairly advanced, so you will have to familiarise yourself with MP3Tag before attempting this.

With the mp3 files selected in MP3Tag, select File menu >> Export, where you can export tags to a text file.

Then, with the flac files selected in MP3Tag, select Convert menu >> Text file - Tag, where you can import the tags exported to the text file.
    Last edited by mville; 05-17-2017 at 10:24 AM. Reason: typo