title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Edit ID-Tag: Alternate default name for exported album art?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jailhouse
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Sep 2016

Edit ID-Tag: Alternate default name for exported album art?

In the Edit ID-Tag dialog, I would like to be able to change the default name for an exported album art file from "folder.jpg" to my preferred "Cover.jpg." (Of course, other users may have their own preferences.)

If that's already possible, please point me in the right direction. If not, I ask that this be made possible in a future release.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Edit ID-Tag: Alternate default name for exported album art?

The easiest way is to install the [ID Tag Update] utility codec, can 'convert' your file to this codec with the option set to export the art as cover.jpg

You can batch run it on all your collection.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Jailhouse
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Sep 2016

My collection is already devoid of embedded art; I planned ahead before I started ripping CDs. This came about for a different reason, as explained in the following questions:

1. I'm using Music Converter to create FLAC files from Beatport AIFF originals, which often have as many as three art files; cover, label, and that gray bar we had recent issues with. For EPs or albums, can [ID Tag Update] extract the proper cover art and not add any art files to the resulting FLACs?

2. I also create "compilation albums" to minimize the number of folders in my collection, and this is where my desire to be able to change the default Edit ID-Tag name for extracted art files comes in. For a single artist I'll often use the art and title of one of the tracks as the "album" art and title. If I can use "Cover.jpg" rather than "Folder.jpg" for the art of choice, I've saved a step. (I might also use one of the covers from a compilation of several artists. Same idea.) In such cases, can I use[ID Tag Update] to simply not add album art? Or will Music Converter do that without the utility codec?

This is, admittedly, a minor issue. After all, I almost exclusively scan CD cover art into Photoshop to make my own album art files for CD rips as I find most available art to be rather shabby. By comparison, renaming "Folder" to "Cover" is hardly taxing. It is less convenient, though.

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Jailhouse
        I'm using Music Converter to create FLAC files from Beatport AIFF originals, which often have as many as three art files; cover, label, and that gray bar we had recent issues with. For EPs or albums, can [ID Tag Update] extract the proper cover art and not add any art files to the resulting FLACs?
        This depends on the name of the artwork files. I think [ID Tag Update] utility codec can import files named Folder.jpg, Cover.jpg or [any tag].jpg (e.g. [album].jpg).

So, if the cover artwork in a Beatport AIFF folder is named Folder.jpg, when converting to flac you can, in [ID Tag Update] utility codec, set the Import From option to Folder.jpg and the Export To option to Cover.jpg, without embedding artwork within the resulting flacs.

Comment

Working...

]]>