title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Artist The Doors instead of Doors, The

Artist The Doors instead of Doors, The

after batch converting some Artists with "the" such as The Doors, are listed as Doors, The and others as The Doors. What settings do I need to enable to batch convert to Doors, The and to replace those files not copy to the existing folder?

thanks

Administrator

Re: Artist The Doors instead of Doors, The

What is your naming string?

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[album]\[track] [title] [audio_quality]

That's the string I used, what changes do I need to make so that artist lists as "Doors, The"?

also I remember there was a way to batch convert and replace the existing file but I cant recall how?

thanks

Administrator

The 'Doors, The' must exist in your album artist tags, edit the tags for the files affected.

dBpoweramp Guru

Album Artist and Artist are display tags, Album Artist Sort and Artist Sort tags, determine the sort order, as long as the software you use supports Sort tags e.g.:
    Album Artist = The Doors, Album Artist Sort = Doors, The
    Artist = The Doors, Artist Sort = Doors, The

If you don't want to use the Sort tags you will have to populate the Album Artist and Artist tags consistently i.e. either The Doors OR Doors, The. If not, as appears here from what you describe, then the software will think you have 2 different Album Artists/Artists, The Doors and Doors, The.

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Album Artist and Artist are display tags, Album Artist Sort and Artist Sort tags, determine the sort order, as long as the software you use supports Sort tags e.g.:
    Album Artist = The Doors, Album Artist Sort = Doors, The
    Artist = The Doors, Artist Sort = Doors, The

If you don't want to use the Sort tags you will have to populate the Album Artist and Artist tags consistently i.e. either The Doors OR Doors, The. If not, as appears here from what you describe, then the software will think you have 2 different Album Artists/Artists, The Doors and Doors, The.

is there a way to do this by batch converting the problem files or by using the music convertor one album at a time or do I need to manually type in to change the info one at a time which would be more time consuming?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rexwildman View Post
    is there a way to do this by batch converting the problem files or by using the music convertor one album at a time or do I need to manually type in to change the info one at a time which would be more time consuming?
    No, you do not have to edit one track at a time. There are numerous ways to bulk edit tags e.g.:
    1. dBpoweramp Edit ID-Tag for Multiple Files
    2. dBpoweramp Batch Converter >> ID Tag Update utility Codec
    3. PerfectTunes
    4. Use other 3rd party software etc.

Personally, I use MP3Tag for this type of editing.