title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Error on right click convert

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ik9000
    • Jan 2017

Error on right click convert

Hi, I've been having trouble with dbPowerAmp. 12.1 everything worked. Upgraded to 15, batch convert and right click menu -> convert didn't work.

Upgraded to 16.1, still same problems.
    Followed the advice on uninstalling and wiping the registry using your script.
    Reinstalled clean 16.1 from scratch
    No additional codecs installed. Default install settings
    Batch convert now works. Awesome!
    But right-click on a single file ->convert to brings up the following error message:

Please can you tell me how to fix this - I've checked it's not a security software error, and everything is set to run "As administrator" from an admin log-in. Win7Sp1 on dBpoweramp16.1
    Attached Files
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Error on right click convert

Error running music converter means the program 'Music Converter.exe' has been removed (by security software)? or security software is stopping dBpoweramp from running this program.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ik9000
      • Jan 2017

As my post above - the file is installed as default settings, the converter can be run manually by opening dbpoweramp and then navigating to the file, but it does not work when right clicking from the music file itself and selecting "convert to" in the right-click menu. This used to work in previous versions before 15 .

It makes no difference whether there is security software running, turned off, or uninstalled it still gives the error. It is not security software.

Is the right-click link looking in the wrong place? Is there a way to check it's pointing to the right place?
      Last edited by ik9000; 01-22-2017, 01:04 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Try running this, then reinstall:

...also how to do a full reset of dBpoweramp? (if dBpoweramp crashes for some reason) Where does dBpoweramp save its files / settings? It is installed to c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp or c:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp The 64 bit version of dBpoweramp is installed to: c:\Program Files\dBpoweramp It
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>