title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Destination folder creation change for the worse after upgrade

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tribble
    • Jan 2017

Destination folder creation change for the worse after upgrade

I was running an older version of Music Converter wherein I could paste the text of the desired path into the destination box and it would be created for me; this was fast and efficient. Now I can't do that anymore, and I'm quite frustrated.

I rip all of my CDs to FLAC, and then I convert them to apple lossless for import into iTunes. I keep the two collections separate; the FLAC paths are all like F:\Music\Artist\Album\Song.flac. The apple lossless paths are F:\apple\Artist\Album\Song.m4a. All I used to do is copy the artist/album name from the Windows Explorer path bar and paste it in to the destination box of music converter, which remembered my last destination, from which I reused the prefix f:\apple\.

As far as I can tell, there is no option that will allow me to do this easily anymore. I have to manually create the artist and album folders in the destination area, and then I have to go and select it in Music Converter. What was a two-step operation has now become a 6 or 7 step process.

I tried the 'Preserve Source Path' option, but of course this keeps an extra 'Music' folder in the target path that I don't want. I'm not going to add it, because then I would have to 'move' thousands of songs in my iTunes library, which is never a pleasant process.

Please bring back the simple, dump, destination box back so things are easy again, or tell me what I'm doing wrong with the existing options to get what I want.

Tnx,
    Mike
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Destination folder creation change for the worse after upgrade

Which versions of dBpoweramp Music Converter are you referring to?

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Change naming to:

apple\[trimfirstfolder][origpath][]\[origfilename]
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• ik9000
        • Jan 2017

I agree with the OP - I used to just copy-paste the folder path and it was much quicker. Please can you bring this functionality back?

Comment

• tribble
          • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Spoon
          Change naming to:

apple\[trimfirstfolder][origpath][]\[origfilename]
          Thanks for the reply! But, I can't see how to do that. There's no place I can see in the music converter to type anything. The dropdown has a few pre-filled in options, and that's it. I could change the naming in the ripper, but I don't want to have to spend the time ripping twice when converting takes seconds.

Click image for larger version

Name:	musconv.png
Views:	1
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	293281

I am not sure what version it is. There's no version information in the music converter window. The question mark buttons take me to version-agnostic help pages. I believe the installer was for 16.1.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

You must not have dBpoweramp Reference, because there is a 4th option 'Edit Dynamic naming' which is only available with Reference. Check in dBpoweramp Control center which version you have.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>