title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Very slow CD ripping.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PAN64
    • Jan 2017

Very slow CD ripping.

Hi all,

I've only recently set up my digital streamer and have been happily ripping CDs over the last few days to my QNAP NAS 251+ which has two 3 TB WD Red drives.

Last night however I hit a problem in that rips were taking upwards of 30 minutes for a standard CD instead on the 4 minute average the day before. When watching the rip in the dbpoweramp screen it looks like 4 tracks are ripped and it then grinds to a snails pace when going through the CPU encoding.
    I've not changed any settings but Windows did go through an update the previous evening.

Anyone experienced similar or has any advice?

Many thanks, Paul
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Very slow CD ripping.

Try ripping to the local HDD, not the NAS.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• PAN64
      • Jan 2017

Hi Spoon, if I rip to the HDD the speed returns to what I was experiencing when I first started ripping - approx 4 mins per CD and it rips and encodes one by one rather than batching around 4 and grinding almost to a halt... Any ideas?

Many thanks, Paul

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It means the connection between PC and NAS is at issue, or the NAS is the issue.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• schmidj
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2013

I had that issue with my NAS, starting late at night. Found out that the daily antivirus scan of the NAS was scheduled to start at midnight every day. Changed it to 4AM as antivirus was eating up most of the resources of the NAS. Problem went away.

Comment

• PAN64
            • Jan 2017

Thanks for both your help - Spoon, looks like it was a dodgy connection in the switch but all sorted now!

Comment

Working...

]]>