title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Large Multi Format Conversion Project Query

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Markof
    • Jan 2017

Large Multi Format Conversion Project Query

As brand new to the forum & software, I would like to know if it is possible with to convert my external hard drive containing a combination of FLAC, WAV & WMA files to the hard drive on my Laptop in MP3 with maximum efficiency & minimum time. I would like my conversions to come out in duplicate folders as to the source folders from which they will be converted. There is over 1TB of data, which is well organized on my external drive as most albums are taken directly from CD, and there are approximately 11 general categories each with atleast 2 sub categories (ie Latin, Rock, Jazz etc each containing Single Artists & Compilations and sub genres). I dont mind working at it for as long as it takes but I imagine there are some efficient ways of doing this. Thanx for your time.
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Large Multi Format Conversion Project Query

Batch Converter will convert your files to mp3. It will maintain the file/folder structure, based on your Output location, which is configurable. The conversion will also copy your existing tags and artwork.

I suggest you try a few test conversions, on a few albums of each format (especially the wav format), to confirm you have everything configured correctly and the tags/artwork are being copied successfully.

Finally, converting 1TB may be best done in batches of files, not in a single conversion.

Comment

• Markof
      • Jan 2017

Thankyou M, I realize on reading your kind reply that what I really need to know is whether the batch converter can be configured to create automatically the folder structure ie artist contains albums which contains songs without having to laboriously create new folders for each task.

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Markof
        Thankyou M, I realize on reading your kind reply that what I really need to know is whether the batch converter can be configured to create automatically the folder structure ie artist contains albums which contains songs without having to laboriously create new folders for each task.
        It will do what you want in terms of file/folder structure using the [origpath]\[origfilename] elements. You can download and install the trial version of the software, to test before buying.

Comment

• Markof
          • Jan 2017

Cheers G, Ive downloaded & trying to figure out how to find those settings. where are they Sir?

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Markof
            Cheers G, Ive downloaded & trying to figure out how to find those settings. where are they Sir?
            Have a read here: dBpoweramp Music Converter and here: dBpoweramp Batch Converter

Comment

• Markof
              • Jan 2017

Thank'Q

Comment

Working...

]]>