title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Folder.jpg Files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yaaho
    • Jan 2017

Folder.jpg Files

Can I add a Folder.jpg file to each album folder without re-ripping the disc?

I was ripping some cds by the same artist to the same "Artist" folder without creating a new folder for each album and thus have overwritten the Folder.jpg file each time, eliminating all previous versions of Folder.jpg. It appears that the correct album art has been tagged to each song. However, after doing this, I decided to create a new folder for each album and have moved the songs into each album folder. I am not sure if the Folder.jpg file is necessary when the album art has been embedded within the tag but if it is, I would like to be able to choose the album art that is embedded and create a new Folder.jpg file without spending the time re-ripping the cd. How do I do this? I know I can click on the album art in the lower right corner when inserting the disc but don't know how to save the album art file as Folder.jpg and be able to choose the location to save the file.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Folder.jpg Files

Install the Utility codec 'ID Tag Update' and convert your files to this 'encoder' with the option set to export folder.jpg

You can use Batch Converter to speed up conversions.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mville
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2008

Re: Folder.jpg Files

You can use the ID Tag Update utility codec >> Manipulation Tab >> Export To >> Folder.jpg

... OK, Spoon got in just before me.
      Last edited by mville; 01-04-2017, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>