title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Editing Configuration settings on AssetUPNP for QNAP

Editing Configuration settings on AssetUPNP for QNAP

I have edited the configuration settings in AssetUPNP 5.2 for Windows to include containers for Soloists and Instrument (both outside of Advanced Settings).

I would like to do the same for Asset UPNP for QNAP R5, running on a QNAP NAS. Unfortunately the edit option is missing on the QNAP version and I cannot see how to change or edit the dropdown list of container names.

Is it possible to do this? If so, I would very much appreciate guidance on how to do it.

Thank you in advance

Super Moderator

Re: Editing Configuration settings on AssetUPNP for QNAP

Unfortunately our web interface does not allow direct editing of browse tree values.

However, the latest beta version adds the missing entries from the dropdown list, so you can now select 'soloists' and 'instruments' -
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...amp-Linux-beta
    You can safely install it over your registered R5, it will function as registered also and retain all your settings.

If there are any other essential dropdown options missing, please report it and they will be added.

Thank you very much. The beta version does just what I need.

One detail. The Container for instruments shows a blank folder, not an icon as expected. Touching the folder shows the album covers as it should. I do have instrument (singular) in Advanced Search settings which does show the violin schematic. (I have no idea how it got there, but my question was prompted by trying to move containers which I use regularly out of Advanced Search).

Another perhaps related issue is that Orchestra opens to show the Orchestra harp icon above the name of each orchestra. Opening these icons shows the album art. This issue is not new, but I mention it in case the solution to the two are related in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by davmurimd View Post
    One detail. The Container for instruments shows a blank folder, not an icon as expected. Touching the folder shows the album covers as it should.
    I made a mistake in my earlier email. The last three words in the QUOTE above are not correct. The the container for instruments does show all the album covers, but it should of course show the album covers grouped by instrument. Sorry about that.

I also have assetUPNP running on a Windows 10 PC. I set two containers in AssetUPNP, one called instruments and the other instrument. The former shows the same behavior as the QNAP version but the singular instrument shows the instrument icon on the folder which opens to show albums grouped by instrument. (I have albums embedded in each case)

I noticed today that in dBPoweramp the dropdown list for tags has the singular instrument tag. I used dpPoweramp to tag my music files.

Perhaps instruments in the beta version should be instrument?

I would very much like to know if this issue can be replicated by others or if it is unique to my machines.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    Unfortunately our web interface does not allow direct editing of browse tree values.

However, the latest beta version adds the missing entries from the dropdown list, so you can now select 'soloists' and 'instruments' -
    https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...amp-Linux-beta
    You can safely install it over your registered R5, it will function as registered also and retain all your settings.

If there are any other essential dropdown options missing, please report it and they will be added.
    Hi,
    I found this answer and installed the beta version too. It offers more options than the original but I am looking for an option to be able to select library and publisher I used that in V4.3 on a Windows server but since I recentley moved to version 5 and a QNAP, I lost those options.
    Would it be possible to add Library and Publisher?

PS.:I raised a question about that on this forum under Update? so I hope I'm not doing things double.