title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Ripping track progress indicator

Ripping track progress indicator

Why is it that the ripping progress for each track bar only ever shows the text 0% or 100%, even though the graphic fill of the bar progresses smoothly thought the track ripping, and the encoding percent behaves exactly as expected?

I'm sure I can't be the first person to have noticed this behaviour, but searching this forum I can't find any explanation. I always assume that it will get fixed in the next version, but it's been like that for what seems like forever now, and is still in the latest beta.

Administrator

Re: Ripping track progress indicator

When secure ripping the % stays at 0% until the track is ripped, then the % changes whilst encoding, 0 to 100%. If you have a quick computer and encode to lossless this change can be very quick.

Yes, that's what I see, I just wondered why. It would seem logical to increment the Ripping percentage proportional to the ripping progress.

I see the progress bar move, but I also see the progress bar move (is it a slightly darker shade) during the encoding stage, only during this stage the text ALSO updates.

Administrator

For secure ripping because it can do multiple passes, which are not known about at the start, a % would have no meaning.