title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How do I create a playlist?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WhenIm64
    • Nov 2015

How do I create a playlist?

The title says it all !!
    John
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How do I create a playlist?

Often control points allow the saving of playlists, this would be the easiest option.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dah
      • Nov 2016

NB: WHILST WRITING THIS I THINK I'VE FOUND THE SOLUTION - POSTING ANYWAY AS IT MAY HELP OTHERS

Can we have a bit more information on playlists please - I'm struggling to get them to play...

I've just moved to Asset UPnP R5 (from minidlna) on a Raspberry Pi and am really pleased - on the whole. I had m3u format playlists that worked with minidlna but don't play with Asset UPnP. They show up in the playlist menu and the tracks are visible but they won't play. I've tried relative and absolute pathnames. Are M3U playlists supported? (Think I saw a comment here saying they weren't???)

An example of the format I'm using is:

Relative filenames:
      *EXTM3U
      *EXTINF:211,Rod Stewart - Embraceable You
      ..\CD Collection\Rod Stewart\Stardust_ The Great American Songbook, Vol. 3 [Bonus Track]\01-Embraceable You.MP3

Absolute filenames:
      *EXTM3U
      \media\usbdisk\Music\CD Collection\Rod Stewart\Stardust_ The Great American Songbook, Vol. 3 [Bonus Track]\01-Embraceable You.MP3

(The playlists are stored in /media/usbdisk/Music/Playlists)

SOLUTION

Whilst writing I noticed that I had, in my playlists, dos folder separators (\) rather than Unix ones (/). Changing them to Unix appears to have worked with both relative and absolute pathnames.
      e.g.
      *EXTM3U
      ../CD Collection/Rod Stewart/Stardust_ The Great American Songbook, Vol. 3 [Bonus Track]\01-Embraceable You.MP3

Cheers
      David

Comment

• grimson
        • Nov 2016

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• drobinson
          • Aug 2023

How would I create a playlist that access tracks in different folders that have already been converted by dbpoweramp? What menu should i use. I see a reference to control points but control points are not explained or mentioned in the user guide sheets. Thanks for the help.

Comment

• simbun
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2021

From a dBpoweramp perspective there is a Playlist Writer DSP you could use, but typically you'd use the app you browse your AssetUPnP music collection with (which is called a control point).
            I use BubbleUPnP to browse and play my music collection, where I can highlight a track and select 'Add to Saved Playlist'. The disadvantage with this approach is that they're tied to the phone so can't be easily shared across devices.

Alternatively you could use something like MusicBee where you can create playlists on your desktop and serve them with AssetUPnP (see Audio Library section here).

Comment

Working...

]]>