title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How to have the program remember my chosen path for conversions??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: How to have the program remember my chosen path for conversions??

Here is our code which writes those values:

XRegistry::SetString(OutToFolder.w(), L"DMCUserFolderStr", HKEY_CURRENT_USER, RegKey.w());
    XRegistry::SetString(Dynamic.w(), L"DMCDynamicNaming", HKEY_CURRENT_USER, RegKey.w());
    XRegistry::SetDWORD(Dynamic.Length() ? 2 : 1, L"DMCUserFolder", HKEY_CURRENT_USER, RegKey.w());
    XRegistry::SetString(DSPEffectsToSaveString().w(), L"DMCDSPEffects", HKEY_CURRENT_USER, RegKey.w());
    If DMCDynamicNaming is being updated then DMCUserFolderStr would be also because the code is identical except the values, and even if OutToFolder was no string, the registry value would be created with a blank value.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Seagal
      • Feb 2017

I think the problem here is, for some unknown reason, dBpoweramp will change the once chosen path, to another one, as not remembering the last used value for it.

I will try to guess the exact conditions that are needed, in order sometimes it remembers the last used values, and most don't.

Comment

• Seagal
        • Feb 2017

Well, I have found the cause of this issue, and it turns out dBpoweramp had nothing to do with it. :P

In my case, it was "CCleaner" the one who was always deleting the "DMCUserFolderStr" key from the registry after each scan, even when it told me "0 bytes to be removed." So, in these cases, the solution is to deselect it from the "Applications" tab.

Comment

• hopalong
          • May 2007

I have the same problem:
          Source Drive:\...
          sometimes changes to
          Music\...

I used to "Convert to" from file explorer, but when I have more folders to convert, then the Batch converter, mostly converting mp3 bit rate and normalize.
          I do not remember that I used flac at all.
          Here is the registry after I changed back to source drive... again, as I used to do in this case:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Illustrate\dbpoweramp\d MCCodec\FLAC

Click image for larger version

Name:	Flac.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	293288

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Illustrate\dbpoweramp\d MCCodec\mp3 (Lame)

Click image for larger version

Name:	mp3(Lame).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	293289

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

If you not use flac then this is correct, next time it changes look at the registry (for the mp3 item), if you have CCCleaner, it will delete this value.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• hopalong
              • May 2007

Thank you, I disabled cleaning dBpoweramp in CCleaner, so it doesn't remove DMCUserFolderStr, the issue is resolved.

Comment

Working...

]]>