title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

No album art unless folder.jpg is in the folder

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • enejtek
    • Sep 2010

No album art unless folder.jpg is in the folder

Hello. I have r16 install. I recently (last week) upgraded to Windows 10. In the past when I ripped a CD, the folder.jpg file would be in the folder that I ripped the CD to. I then deleted the folder.jpg file and could always see the album art in Windows Media Player whether the folder.jp file was there or not. Now I can only see the album art during playback if the folder.jpg is in the folder I ripped to. Seems that the album art is connected only to the folder not the individual song files. Any way to fix this?
    Also (see attachment) is there any way to get the worded menus back instead of the icons?

Thank you,

Bink Nejtek
    Attached Files
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: No album art unless folder.jpg is in the folder

There is no configuration which can make r16 look like r15 (menus, etc).

About the art, if you delete the folder.jpg file, then right click on one of the files >> Edit ID Tag

does it show the art with the tags?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• garym
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by enejtek
      Hello. I have r16 install. I recently (last week) upgraded to Windows 10. In the past when I ripped a CD, the folder.jpg file would be in the folder that I ripped the CD to. I then deleted the folder.jpg file and could always see the album art in Windows Media Player whether the folder.jp file was there or not. Now I can only see the album art during playback if the folder.jpg is in the folder I ripped to. Seems that the album art is connected only to the folder not the individual song files. Any way to fix this?
      Also (see attachment) is there any way to get the worded menus back instead of the icons?

Thank you,

Bink Nejtek
      You must have the ripper tag settings setup to both embed the art *and* create folder.jpg. I suspect that Somehow you've unticked the embed artwork setting.

Comment

• enejtek
        • Sep 2010

Yes the artwork is in the ID tags. Where do I find the "embed artwork setting"?

Comment

• enejtek
          • Sep 2010

also the metadata buttons are grayed out. I cannot go to freedb to see if the album and tracks are there.
          Attached Files

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

Yes the artwork is in the ID tags. Where do I find the "embed artwork setting"?
            CD Ripper Options > Tags & Filenames section of popup, then select "meta data and ID tags" SETTINGS (button next to this menu item). Then under "write ID tags" be sure to tick "Album Art"

Comment

• garym
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2007

also the metadata buttons are grayed out. I cannot go to freedb to see if the album and tracks are there.
              does your dbpa install show as "registered"?

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Those metadata buttons grey out if metadata did not come from that source, be sure to have PerfectMeta checked with Discogs, Musicbrainz, GD3 and freedb all checked in the CD Ripper >> menu button >> active providers

Then click the refresh button to fetch fresh from the internet.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• enejtek
                  • Sep 2010

Where would I see "registered"? The install file I used was dMC-r16.0-Registered.exe. See attachment.Click image for larger version

Name:	Offer.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	293190

Comment

• enejtek
                    • Sep 2010

Click image for larger version

Name:	Control Center.JPG
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	293191I think I found it (registered) in Control Center (see attachment). Also under "write ID tags", "Album Art" was already ticked but still no album art without the folder.jpg file in the album folder with the ripped songs.

Comment

• Spoon
                      Administrator
                      • Apr 2002

The program is registered for Power Pack only, this will only give freedb as the metadata provider, you need Reference to get all 4.
                      Spoon
                      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• enejtek
                        • Sep 2010

Is there any way to get the album art to embed in each song file? As stated earlier the "Album Art" was already ticked in "write ID tags" but still no album art without the folder.jpg file in the album folder with the ripped songs. Am I using the correct version of CD Ripper or do I need to buy another upgrade? I love your program and have been using it for years. But if it will not allow me to embed the art in the individual files then the program will not be good for me.

Comment

• garym
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Nov 2007

Is there any way to get the album art to embed in each song file? As stated earlier the "Album Art" was already ticked in "write ID tags" but still no album art without the folder.jpg file in the album folder with the ripped songs. Am I using the correct version of CD Ripper or do I need to buy another upgrade? I love your program and have been using it for years. But if it will not allow me to embed the art in the individual files then the program will not be good for me.
                          I'm not sure what the problem is, but ordinarily it is trivial to embed artwork. It just works. So something odd is happening with your setup. Let's try to diagnose the problem by making sure we know what the actual cause is.

1. What program are you using to play the files and view the artwork?

2. To test whether the artwork is embedded or not: Remove the "folder.jpg" from the folder. Then right click on a track within a folder, choose EDIT ID TAG from the popup menu. This should show a popup screen that has all the tags related to that track. If you scroll to the bottom of the popup screen, you see a section called "Album Art". If the album art is embedded in the track, you see the art, it tells you the size etc. See picture below. Do you see artwork in a file when you do this step? I'm trying to get at whether the artwork is not embedded or it is embedded but your player is not showing it to you. These are two different issues.

Click image for larger version

Name:	CropperCapture[1].jpg
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	293192

Comment

• mville
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • Dec 2008

Is there any way to get the album art to embed in each song file? As stated earlier the "Album Art" was already ticked in "write ID tags" but still no album art without the folder.jpg file in the album folder with the ripped songs.
                            Are you using any DSP Effects when ripping?

Comment

• enejtek
                              • Sep 2010

1. I use Windows Media Player (Windows 10) on my computers and my car radio/player in the car. I sometimes burn the ripped songs to a cd for my wife to play in her car and I use a USB thumb drive in my car (the artwork shows up on one of 2 monitors in the dashboard).

2. Here are two screenshots...one before and one after removing the "folder.jpg" from the folder. If I play the song in WMP while the folder.jpg is in the folder the album art shows up but after I remover the "folder.jpg" file from the folder the album art does not show up in WMP. Click image for larger version

Name:	Before folder.jpg removal from folder.JPG
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	293193Click image for larger version

Name:	After removing the folder.jpg from the folder.JPG
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	293194

I have never had this issue before. In the past I have always deleted the "folder.jpg" file from the folder after ripping but still could always see the album art no matter where I played it on.

Comment

Working...

]]>