title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

converting via the command line.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mikey
    • Jan 2004

converting via the command line.

Is there a way to convert using comand line commands (Dont you hate it when you get stuck with a repeated word like that?) ??

I have an unusual mp3 player which seames to like wma files best and I would like to write a little utility to copy m3u playlists onto it; a command line driven converter to wma would be verry usefull, is this possible?
  • MasterOfPuppets
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Nov 2002

Re: converting via the command line.

Are you using Sveta for copying audio onto your player? If your m3u playlists point to wma files, then I think you can right click the m3u --> convert to (portable device). I'm not too familiar with Sveta, though.

Otherwise you could write a VBScript to do this for you, check out http://www.dbpoweramp.com/developer-scripting-dmc.htm for details on how to. If you like to stick to command line (.bat, .cmd) programs, dMC is currently not capable of taking parameters as options for conversionl, you would have to make the script in VB and then use 'wscript example.vbs' to execute it.

Comment

• mikey
      • Jan 2004

Excelent exacly what I was looking for. The best I had hoped for was command line access; Great.

Originally posted by MasterOfPuppets
      Otherwise you could write a VBScript to do this for you, check out http://www.dbpoweramp.com/developer-scripting-dmc.htm for details on how to.

Comment

• Unregistered

Hey,

Do you guys plan on supporting simple command line conversions any time soon? Something like...

C:\dbPowerAmp\> MusicConverter -b 128 C:\MP3\song.mp3

...would be awesome.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Not in the short term, exposing the various codec compression options would be very difficult.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Unregistered

Can I execute this in Wine or Crossover Office in Linux?

Comment

Working...

]]>