title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Replay gain: How to use on existing mp3

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • guenne04de
    • Jun 2016

Replay gain: How to use on existing mp3

Im using dbpa 16 on windows 10 prof / 64.

I have a tree with mp3 organized in folders with NO replay gain tags information.

I'd like to convert some of my flacs to mp3, add it to the existing tree for use with my mobile player.

I wonder if its good to add replay gain tags while encoding the flacs into mp3. How can I add replay gain to the existing mp3 without transcoding?

Or is it better to use a opensource sw like mp3gain to do replay gain tags afterwards on the entire mp3 tree?

Thanks for help.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Replay gain: How to use on existing mp3

Yes, add RG tags to mp3 created from FLAC. Use the RG DSP as part of the FLAC > mp3 converstion. For mp3 already, convert the mp3 files to "REPLAYGAIN" codec. this only adds RG tags and doesn't transcode the mp3 files. You may need to install the ReplayGain item from Codec Central.

Comment

• guenne04de
      • Jun 2016

makes sense.
      Thank you.

Comment

• guenne04de
        • Jun 2016

Originally posted by garym
        Yes, add RG tags to mp3 created from FLAC. Use the RG DSP as part of the FLAC > mp3 converstion. For mp3 already, convert the mp3 files to "REPLAYGAIN" codec. this only adds RG tags and doesn't transcode the mp3 files. You may need to install the ReplayGain item from Codec Central.
        I tried the dsp replaygain when encoding to flac on a bunch of test files.

dbpa showed following warning:
        "Normalisation gain would have resulted in clipping, gain has been reduced to prevent this: Loudness = ... "

Is this the normal message when reducing gain?
        What puzzled me was the word "warning".

Thanks for help.

G.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

It is just an information message, you can ignore.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>