title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Few problems with CD Ripper

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pb25
    • Jun 2016

Few problems with CD Ripper

Hi

I have been researching a choice to rip all my CDs to Flac. At this stage the choice is between EAC, EZ CD Audio converter and dBpoweramp. It seem to me that most of the good software is based on EAC, but EAC is not particularly nice to use. I am thinking that the dBpoweramp is the way to go, as I would also like to use Asset UPnP and PerfectTunes. I am conducting test rips with all the rippers to be sure that I am happy with the way I have to use them. When testing dBpoweramp I have came accros few problems. 1) Under ripping options only Burst ripping method could be selected. (other rippers had no problems with Secure method). 2) No Album art was available, when I have selected add album art I get an error which states "choosing Album Art from the Internet requires either dBpoweramp
    Reference". Other rippers have no problems getting the art from the Internet.

Any suggestions

Thanks

Paul
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Few problems with CD Ripper

These issues are because you are not running the registered version, the trial normally allows access to these for 21 days, but once timed out it reverts dBpoweramp to the free version:

Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• pb25
      • Jun 2016

Originally posted by Spoon
      These issues are because you are not running the registered version, the trial normally allows access to these for 21 days, but once timed out it reverts dBpoweramp to the free version:

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/db-versions.htm
      Hi Spoon

Firstly thank you for a very prompt reply. I had looked at the link you have provided and in fact I was familiar with the contents, however I did not think that it applied in this case, as I have installed the program on the 19 June 2016 (verified in programs and setting).
      Perhaps the only other explanation is that someone else (I am guessing my daughter ) installed and uninstalled it in the past unbeknown to me. I guess that would explain it. The program itself does not seem to show which version (registered/unregistered) it is running. I'll test on another computer.

Thanks again

Paul

Comment

• pb25
        • Jun 2016

Thanks for your reply Spoon. I have only installed dbPowerAmp about three days ago, so it should not degrade to the "free" version. However, I agree it sure behave likes it. Unfortunately I cannot see anywhere it indicates which version is running. My best guess is that someone has installed it and when finished doing what ever, uninstalled it. (Blaming my daughter here . Oh well, I will have to test on another system.
        Anyway, thanks again

Paul

Comment

Working...

]]>