title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

unable to rip new cd

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dynky
    • Jun 2016

unable to rip new cd

I've just bought a new CD (Melanie De Biasio - Blackened Cities) and seem to be unable to rip this one.
    the error I get is the following;

Error converting to FLAC, 'Track 1' to '/.../Melanie De Biasio/Blackened Cities/01 Melanie De Biasio - Blackened Cities.flac'
    Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 1 ripping 26 frames track end LBA 109306) [Rip]

fwiw; the drive I use (an old Fantom Drives external) has never failed me even once, and I've ripped about 3000 cd's with it, amongst which also quite a few that wouldn't rip on different other drives.
    Just to be sure the drive is still working properly I tried a few other CD's but all of those rip without any hick-ups.

Any idea what is going wrong here?
    Some sort of heavy copy protection? (which I can avoid?)
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: unable to rip new cd

Can you play the CD using other media player software on your PC?

Comment

• Dynky
      • Jun 2016

Re: unable to rip new cd

I hadn't done that yet, but since you asked I just played the first minute of the CD via iTunes, which worked ok.

Straight afterwards I tried again in dbpa and it ripped without any hesitation?!

Ejected the CD again to reload immediately and try again...no succes.

So apparently after its been "detected" by another program on my Mac dbpa rips just fine, very bizarre.
      I never had this happen before. Btw very happy to have ripped it now. Also tried playback of the rip and all seems ok, playing as I type this message

Comment

Working...

]]>