title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

TTrack Hi=eirarchy Problem with Downloaded Albums

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tom Swaman
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Oct 2011

TTrack Hi=eirarchy Problem with Downloaded Albums

Due to both storage space and the ability to economically atore and to backup high quality music files in FLAC, I have been downloasing many classical albums. Many of these downloaded albums are missing track numbers in ther metadata. As such, when the album passes through Asset to a renderer such as LINN Kinsky or Lynn Kazoo, the tracks play out of-order unless each track is hand-loaded everu time. Needlrdd to say, this makes downloading music tantamount to uselessness.

I find that if I number every track by hand as a fraction of the total number of tracks in each alkbum, I now have a seemingly perfect work around. However, this is way to cumbersome and time-consuming in a large number of album folder downloads.

Is there a simple, efficient way of numbering track files in an album folder so as to preserve the proper hierarchy in the downloaded album folder?

Thanks nuch,
    Tom
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: TTrack Hi=eirarchy Problem with Downloaded Albums

The only way is to tag them by hand.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mville
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Tom Swaman
      Is there a simple, efficient way of numbering track files in an album folder so as to preserve the proper hierarchy in the downloaded album folder?
      Do the filenames contain track number information?

Comment

• Tom Swaman
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Oct 2011

Mville,

No these do not. By the way, I am talking about the downloaded folders of a major record company. I have contacted them, but I have not received a reply.

Regards,
        Tom

Comment

• Tom Swaman
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Oct 2011

Spoon,

Thank you as always. I feared your answer, but I expected this.

Regards,
          Tom

Comment

• mville
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Tom Swaman
            No these do not. By the way, I am talking about the downloaded folders of a major record company. I have contacted them, but I have not received a reply.
            If the files have no track number (in either the filename or metadata) then there is no player that will be able to determine the album track order. When you view the files in the folder, I assume the files are just in alphabetical order i.e. in terms of album track order, they are random.

It would be interesting to get the record labels reasoning for this.

Comment

• schmidj
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Nov 2013

Well, I think the record company owes us decent tags, but I've seen downloaded fils with no tags before.

If you downloaded the tracks from the site in track order, sorting on the file creation date kept by Windows should put them in track order, but then you will have to change the filenames to start with the track number and/or manually add the track number tag to each file. Someone who has used mp3tag ( or possibly the tagging capabilities of dBPoweramp) more than me may be able to tell you if there is a way of automating this with a script based on the file date created.

Comment

Working...

]]>