title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Tagging CD Box with more than 100 cds

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • margolbe
    • Nov 2006

Tagging CD Box with more than 100 cds

I just finished tagging the Sony Arthur Rubinstein Box, which contains 142 CDs.

However, I ran into a problem after tagging the 99th CD. For the 100th CD, the tags went into the CD 10 folder.

How do I change the default to allow for a box set with more than 100 CDs?
  • mville
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2008

Re: Tagging CD Box with more than 100 cds

Originally posted by margolbe
    I just finished tagging the Sony Arthur Rubinstein Box, which contains 142 CDs.

However, I ran into a problem after tagging the 99th CD. For the 100th CD, the tags went into the CD 10 folder.
    Do you mean the tagged files, rather than the tags, went into the CD 10 folder?

How do I change the default to allow for a box set with more than 100 CDs?
    What is your current Naming string, can you post it here?

Comment

• margolbe
      • Nov 2006

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[IFCOMP][album] [[SETLEN]4,0,0,[year][]][IFMULTI] ([disc_total]-CD-Set)\Disk [SETLEN]2,48,,[disc][][][][IF!COMP][[SETLEN]4,0,0,[YEAR][]] [album][IFMULTI] ([disc_total]-CD-Set)\Disc [SETLEN]2,48,,[disc][][][]\[track][IFCOMP] [artist] -[] [title]

The tagged files went into the CD 10 folder

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

[IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[IFCOMP]Various Artists[][IF!COMP][artist][][]\[IFCOMP][album] [[SETLEN]4,0,0,[year][]][IFMULTI] ([disc_total]-CD-Set)\Disk [SETLEN]2,48,,[disc][][][][IF!COMP][[SETLEN]4,0,0,[YEAR][]] [album][IFMULTI] ([disc_total]-CD-Set)\Disc [SETLEN]2,48,,[disc][][][]\[track][IFCOMP] [artist] -[] [title]

The tagged files went into the CD 10 folder
        The [SETLEN]count,pre,post,string[] function you are using above e.g. [SETLEN]2,48,,[disc][], limits the disc length to 2 characters.

Comment

• margolbe
          • Nov 2006

How would I change this to allow disc length to 3 characters?

Comment

• garym
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Nov 2007

change the "2" in every occurrence of this to "3".
            Disk [SETLEN]2,48,,[disc]

Comment

• mville
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Dec 2008

How would I change this to allow disc length to 3 characters?
              If you are going to use the [SETLEN]2,48,,[disc][] function in your naming string, it is probably a good idea to understand what this function actually does.

In most multi-disc CD sets, where the disc number is 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. thru to 99, [SETLEN]2,48,,[disc][] will do nothing (it will not increase or decrease the string length) for discs 10-99 as they are already 2 characters in length. It will however, add a leading zero to discs 1-9, thereby increase the string length from 1-character to 2-characters e.g. 01-09. This gives you a uniform 2-character disc number from 01-99, which for most commercial multi-disc CD sets is perfect.

However, if your multi disc set has a disc number greater than 99, [SETLEN]2,48,,[disc][] reduces the 3-character string to 2-characters (e.g. in your example 100 becomes 10) so is no good. As garym suggests, you will need to use [SETLEN]3,48,,[disc][]. This gives you uniform 3-character disc number from 001-999, where disc numbers 100-999 are not affected, but 1-99 will have leading zeroes added.

Comment

Working...

]]>