title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Folder browsing

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davidnow
    • Jun 2016

Folder browsing

Hi, i'm looking for an audio server to replace the QNAP twonky.
    The metadata from my audio files are not very relevant. I have to browse by files and folders.
    My problem with Twonky is that when folder browsing, the album titles are played in an alphabetical order! Can you believe so?

So, before buying it, i wonder if folder browsing with asset will let me hear the titles in album order...

Thanks for help
    David
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Folder browsing

Asset will not either, because folder browsing is using filenames and folder names, not metadata. If you want them to be in a specific order, then your filenames must dictate that order, or you can use the metadata browsing.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mville
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by davidnow
      My problem with Twonky is that when folder browsing, the album titles are played in an alphabetical order! Can you believe so?

So, before buying it, i wonder if folder browsing with asset will let me hear the titles in album order...
      If album order is not alphabetical, then I don't understand what album order is. Please can you explain?

Comment

• davidnow
        • Jun 2016

Originally posted by mville
        If album order is not alphabetical, then I don't understand what album order is. Please can you explain?
        Well, i'll try to explain. When you listen to an entire album, the first track may not be the one that begins with the letter "a". I would like to listen to the tracks in the order the artist wants to, and not the tracks in alphabetical order. For exemple, Neil Young's "on the beach" album begins with track "Walk on" and ends with track "Ambulance Blues". With twonky in folder browsing, it begins with "ambulance blues" and ends with "Walk on"...

Hope it is clear.

As my metadata are not good (imported from the net with dbpoweramp), i want to browse by folders...

Thanks for help!
        David

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

Normally when ripping a cd you would have track number at the start of the file name.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>