title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

lost my album order after update - how to set up again?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ernie
    • Dec 2011

lost my album order after update - how to set up again?

Hello

I hope someone can help me.
    Today I updated Asset upnp from 4.1 to 5.1 on my windows pc. Unfortunately after that I lost my usual view of album order.

I had the albums sorted by artist, beginning with numbers to Z. Then behind every artist there were one or more full albums of that artist and never just a single song e.g. from a soundtrack.
    Various Artists were sorted at V (they are tagged as Various Artists in the field album artist) and contained all the full albums e.g. soundtracks.

I tried so much but I could't restore that sorting. Could you please assist me with the right advanced settings?

Thanks a lot
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: lost my album order after update - how to set up again?

If you select Artist / Album

you select A to Z, then Artist, then Album
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• flourbag81
      • Jan 2011

From what you are describing I think that if you go into Edit Browse Tree and change the first field to Album Artist and the second to +\Album then you'll be back where you were.

Comment

• ernie
        • Dec 2011

Thanks a lot for your replies. However, unfortunately both suggestions doesn't work.

When I set up first folder as "Album Artist" (No Tracklisting checked, A-Z unchecked) and than as a child "Album"
        There I can see the order I was looking for. Under v various artists shows up an when I tap on it, all the album e.g. Don't Stop the 80s. However this works for albums with various artists as album artist and albums coincidently containing the artist in the tag album artist too. Those with an empty tag in album artist won't show up.
        It's the same behaviour in setup first folder as "Album Artist / Album" (No Tracklisting checked, A-Z unchecked) and than as a child "Album".

When I set up first folder as "Artist / Album" (No Tracklisting checked, A-Z unchecked) and than as a child "Album" it works for all my artists: e.g. I see Arcade Fire and when I tap on it, I see the single albums like Reflector or Neon Bible. However all the various artists albums, e.g. Don't Stop the 80s are messed up. Under v there are no albums in various artists. E.g. the album Don't Stop the 80s shows up multiple times at each artist with that single track.
        It's the same behaviour in setup first folder as "Artist" (No Tracklisting checked, A-Z unchecked) and than as a child "Album".

So what I'm looking for is the combination of both, sorting for album artist if any, otherwhise for artist.

So I tried again for hours but I couldn't find it out. Can I download the old 4.1 version for windows somewhere? There I managed it somehow.

Comment

• ernie
          • Dec 2011

I got it solved now:

I got back to windows version 4.1 and there it works with the tree description of flourbag81: "Album Artist" (No Tracklisting checked, A-Z unchecked) and than as a child "Album" -> everything is sorted for artists and in case album artist is available its sorted for them, e.g. various artists.

I went up to Version 4.3 and it still works. After an update to 5.1 once more the problems are back. Something doesn't work beetween this version and my computer. So I stay with 4.3 for now.

Comment

Working...

]]>