title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can PerfectTUNES correct artist naming errors?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monkuboy
    • May 2016

Can PerfectTUNES correct artist naming errors?

I stream .flac files via a Sonos system. When the CD's were ripped to the .flac files, at that time using Exact Audio Copy, the artist names for albums were not always consistent across all the albums. For example, some show as "Allman Brothers" and some as "Allman Brothers Band," or "Emerson Lake and Palmer" versus "Emerson Lake & Palmer." Therefore even though they are the same artist, they are listed as different artists on my Sonos artists lists when searching for tracks to play.

Is this something easily corrected by PerfectTUNES? Could it perform a batch find and replace so it locates every instance of, say, "Emerson Lake & Palmer" and changes it to "Emerson Lake and Palmer?"
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Can PerfectTUNES correct artist naming errors?

It can, in the ID Tag program is a list section where all Artists are listed and they can be renamed (all the tracks auto rename based on your correction).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• monkuboy
      • May 2016

Re: Can PerfectTUNES correct artist naming errors?

Originally posted by Spoon
      It can, in the ID Tag program is a list section where all Artists are listed and they can be renamed (all the tracks auto rename based on your correction).
      Thank you - that was what I was hoping to hear!

Comment

Working...

]]>