title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Music Converter not now recognising DSD files

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HardBop
    • Dec 2014

Music Converter not now recognising DSD files

Hi, hope you can help. I have just downloaded version 15.3 of dbpoweramp. Unfortunately dsd files are not now showing in music converter. On the previous version I could access and convert to PCM (flac/wav) with no problem. I thought I might need to download the DSD decoder again. However, when I did and tried to run it, it indicates that it's already installed? However, I did notice that in the advanced codec settings, DSD decoder options are no longer there?

Don't know if this is relevant but I am now using Windows 10, however, previous version of dbpoweramp worked fine on 10 with regard to DSD conversions.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Music Converter not now recognising DSD files

Which version of dbpoweramp did you have previously?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• HardBop
      • Dec 2014

I believe it was R15, taken out in Dec 2014, although in my programmes it refers to Music Converter 15.1?

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Try to uninstall the DSD codec, then reinstall.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• HardBop
          • Dec 2014

I've tried that and it doesn't seem to make any difference. Interestingly, whilst the application appears in programmes (for uninstall etc.), it doesn't seem to appear in programme files where the download indicates it should be??

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

...also how to do a full reset of dBpoweramp? (if dBpoweramp crashes for some reason) Where does dBpoweramp save its files / settings? It is installed to c:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp or c:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp The 64 bit version of dBpoweramp is installed to: c:\Program Files\dBpoweramp It

Run this and remove the old programs, then reinstall.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• HardBop
              • Dec 2014

Thanks I'll try this. I think I was working towards seeing this as the problem. On checking I see that I installed the 64 bit version for R15, but on checking the files it looks as though the DSD codec has been installed to the previous version which I think must have been the 32 bit version, as it appears in programme files (x86). I did not uninstall the old version before installing R15; was this the problem? If I uninstall the previous version, then I assume any download of the codec will go to the new 64 bit version? Apologies for my basic understanding!
              Thanks.

Comment

• HardBop
                • Dec 2014

Thanks Spoon, that's done the trick. I realise I should have uninstalled previous version before installing 15.3. Appreciate your prompt response and clear advice.

Comment

Working...

]]>