title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: dBpoweramp Naming | Multiple Nested Folder Creation

dBpoweramp Naming | Multiple Nested Folder Creation

Hi everyone

When I convert an album, I create a nested folder called "new" nesting inside the original where this album is located. It works fine for single albums, but now I am faced with multiple albums located inside the same folder that I wish to batch-convert. How do I structure the name to prevent dBP overwriting the "new" folder when it converts multiple albums to auto-create folder for each converted album of a format such as "new", new1, new2, new3, etc.?

This is my current string: [TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][origpath][][][][][]\new\[origfilename]

Thank you.

Administrator

Re: dBpoweramp Naming | Multiple Nested Folder Creation

use [TRIMLASTFOLDER] to remove the last new

Thank you Spoon.

Could you please show me an example of where this [TRIMLASTFOLDER] fits into the revised naming scheme- and anything else that perhaps need to go with it? Also, could you please confirm that such a revised naming string will incrementally add new folders, which is what I require it to do. If you do, then I do not comprehend why it has to delete last new folder it created- unless it is a superfluous, empty one. Sorry if I misunderstood you.

Administrator

Actually I am not sure I understand what you are doing...

If you have a folder called: 'A Folder' and within this are a bunch of tracks. Then you convert to 'A Folder\New', whilst leaving the originals in 'A Folder'. Later you want to convert again? to New? the issue is the files in 'A Folder' and New would all be picked up, unless you are converting to a file type which can be filtered.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Actually I am not sure I understand what you are doing...

If you have a folder called: 'A Folder' and within this are a bunch of tracks. Then you convert to 'A Folder\New', whilst leaving the originals in 'A Folder'. Later you want to convert again? to New? the issue is the files in 'A Folder' and New would all be picked up, unless you are converting to a file type which can be filtered.
    Inside 'A Folder' usually is the contents one music album (either all-in-one track or multi-track) accompanied by the appropriate cue file. This I convert to any supported format, but in order to prevent any accidental file overrides, I put the newly converted files in a folder called 'New' that is nested inside 'A Folder'. This I achieve with the renaming scheme reflected in my original post, namely:

'[origpath]\new\[origfilename]'

Where I run into trouble is when 'A Folder' contains multiple albums with their unique cue files- for example 'Album1.cue', 'Album2.cue', 'Album3.cue'. Please note that the albums do not nest each in a subfolder within 'A Folder'. I need a naming scheme that instructs the application to create three new folders called, for example, New1, New2 and New3, in 'A Folder' during the conversion process, and then put the appropriate conversion result into each of these.

dBpoweramp Guru

Are your source files tagged?

Dat Ei

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    Are your source files tagged?

Dat Ei

Usually, yes.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dbcamp View Post
    When I convert an album, I create a nested folder called "new" nesting inside the original where this album is located. It works fine for single albums, but now I am faced with multiple albums located inside the same folder that I wish to batch-convert. How do I structure the name to prevent dBP overwriting the "new" folder when it converts multiple albums to auto-create folder for each converted album of a format such as "new", new1, new2, new3, etc.?

This is my current string: [TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][origpath][][][][][]\new\[origfilename]
    Have you tried replacing new with [album]?
    Last edited by mville; 05-03-2016 at 07:38 AM.

Administrator

You would be better putting new at the beginning, so:

\new\[TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][TRIMFIRSTFOLDER][origpath][][][][][]\[origfilename]

Then all the new stuff is in its own folder tree, not intermingled with the old stuff.

I will give it a roll, thank you.