title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Warning 'RiffSizeLeft != FileSizeLeft'

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David W
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Oct 2011

Warning 'RiffSizeLeft != FileSizeLeft'

I am receiving the following message when converting AIFF to FLAC. The "warning" appears after each track. I just pasted the first threee. As I have never seen this before, I wonder if the conversion is accurate or is it something with the source?

Here it is:

Information converting to FLAC, '/Users/David/Desktop/AIFF/Bill Evans/Some Other Time (The Lost Session from the Black Forest)/01-You Go to My Head.aif' to '/Users/David/Desktop/FLAC/Bill Evans/Some Other Time (The Lost Session from the Black Forest)/01-You Go to My Head.flac'
    Warning 'RiffSizeLeft != FileSizeLeft' must be extra data on end of file. [ScanFile]

Information converting to FLAC, '/Users/David/Desktop/AIFF/Bill Evans/Some Other Time (The Lost Session from the Black Forest)/02-Very Early.aif' to '/Users/David/Desktop/FLAC/Bill Evans/Some Other Time (The Lost Session from the Black Forest)/02-Very Early.flac'
    Warning 'RiffSizeLeft != FileSizeLeft' must be extra data on end of file. [ScanFile]

Information converting to FLAC, '/Users/David/Desktop/AIFF/Bill Evans/Some Other Time (The Lost Session from the Black Forest)/03-What Kind of Fool Am I_.aif' to '/Users/David/Desktop/FLAC/Bill Evans/Some Other Time (The Lost Session from the Black Forest)/03-What Kind of Fool Am I_.flac'

Thanks!
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Warning 'RiffSizeLeft != FileSizeLeft'

It means something has written something to the end of the wave files, that is not indicated by the wave file structure, ie it is just tacked on the end. The audio data is not affected.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>