title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

New Setup - All tracks bundled into 1 Album!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • br_ninja
    • Apr 2016

New Setup - All tracks bundled into 1 Album!!

Hello,
    Asset seems to bundle all tracks into 1 album. Is there something that I'm doing wrong with the configuration? I've played around for quite a bit, restarting, choosing individual sub folders, etc.
    Any help would be fantastic!
    Thank you!
    Vincent
  • br_ninja
    • Apr 2016

Re: New Setup - All tracks bundled into 1 Album!!

BTW, I am running a Window's 10 PC and selected a local drive pointing to the folder which contains the high res and ripped music. Thank you!

Comment

• mville
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by br_ninja
      Asset seems to bundle all tracks into 1 album. Is there something that I'm doing wrong with the configuration? I've played around for quite a bit, restarting, choosing individual sub folders, etc.
      Asset builds it's internal database by scanning tracks and reading the metadata tags contained within the tracks. Albums are determined by the Album tag.

So, are the tracks tagged with the Album tag (and the other basic tags which Asset requires, e.g. Title, Artist, Album Artist, Track Number, Disc number etc.? Also, what file format are these tracks?
      Last edited by mville; 04-21-2016, 12:01 AM.

Comment

• br_ninja
        • Apr 2016

They are all WAV files. A mix of 16/44.1, 24/96 and 24/196 files. How do I confirm that they are indeed "tagged"? I'm new to UPnP so apologies for not getting it right away.
        Do I need to download Windows Home Server? Does that have anything to do with it?
        Thank you for you help!
        Last edited by br_ninja; 04-21-2016, 12:13 AM.

Comment

• mville
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Dec 2008

They are all WAV files. A mix of 16/44.1, 24/96 and 24/196 files. How do I confirm that they are indeed "tagged"? I'm new to UPnP so apologies for not getting it right away.
          It is possible that your files are not tagged. You will need tag editing software to view/add/edit tags e.g. dBpoweramp Music Converter (which you can download and trial) OR MP3Tag (excellent free tagging software) which has just recently added wav file support.

Do I need to download Windows Home Server? Does that have anything to do with it?
          No, Windows 10 is fine for Asset UPnP. What device(s)/client software(s) will you be using, to play these tracks?
          Last edited by mville; 04-21-2016, 12:56 AM.

Comment

• br_ninja
            • Apr 2016

I will download the music converter to see if that will fix my problem. I will be streaming with a Naim Muso using the Naim app. Thank you mville!

Comment

Working...

]]>