title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Can QNAP Assett ignore a _SYNCAPP folder?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davmurimd
    • Mar 2016

Can QNAP Assett ignore a _SYNCAPP folder?

I have a music folder on my PC where I put all new music files and edit tags and make other corrections to existing files. A copy of the PC music folder is stored in a QNAP NAS where it accessed by QNAP Asset for streaming to my stereo system. I would like to use Allway Sync to sync the changes from PC Music to the NAS Music folder. The problem is that although Allway sync does what I need, it also puts a folder called _SYNCAPP in the NAS music folder. This folder contains copies of the music files before they had been changed and QNAP Asset includes these original music files when it does its automatic search for new or changed files. One solution to this would be if Asset could be configured to ignore _SYNCAPP and all its subfolders. Is this possible? Alternatively can anyone recommend another app which will sync the NAS music folder with the one on the PC?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Can QNAP Assett ignore a _SYNCAPP folder?

It cannot, sorry.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• davmurimd
      • Mar 2016

Re: Can QNAP Assett ignore a _SYNCAPP folder?

Thank you for your prompt reply.
      Another option was to somehow remove the _SYNCAPP folder from my music folder. As with Asset this cannot be done. However there was a way around this.
      I created a multimedia folder on the PC and put the music folder into it. The music folder on the QNAP NAS is in the multimedia folder by default. Syncing between the two multimedia folders works and puts the _SYNCAPP folder in multimedia, not music. The only other thing required was to redirect Asset on the PC to the new location of the music folder.

Comment

Working...

]]>