title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Asset upnp and NAS drives

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lomond Lass
    • Apr 2016

Asset upnp and NAS drives

Hi, I am new to both this forum and NAS drives and upnp so sorry if this has been asked before. We have a WD MyCloud NAS drive. I have ripped CDs using DBpoweramp and put the files onto the nas drive in the Shared Music folder. We access the nas drive with the NAIM app and play the music on a NAIM MUSO. The music plays beautifully but the artwork is appalling. If I access the music files from the computer hard drive (access upnp is installed on the computer) the artwork is great, really clear just as it should be. Does anyone have any ideas/solutions on how to get the same resolution directly from the WD MyCloud drive?
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Asset upnp and NAS drives

You might want to consider getting a Raspberry Pi, which can be left on all the time and will work with the WD MyCloud NAS (asset will read the files on it, like you do now on the PC).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Lomond Lass
      • Apr 2016

Thank you for the reply. I have googled Raspberry Pi but it looks like you need to know a fair amount about computing to use it? Perhaps we just have to hope that WD will start to use a different upnp - Asset - that will work with the artwork. It is while trying to understand all this that you realise how little you actually know about it all! We found DBpoweramp to be easy to use and the Asset upnp worked straight away as long as the NAIM app accessed the computer (macbook) not the mycloud drive. Thanks again.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It is quite involved setting up asset on the Pi, there are people on the naim forum who have done exactly as you want, one is called Simon.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• simes_pep
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Dec 2013

Hi, I still have a 'Asset for Raspberry Pi' configuration guide in my Dropbox account - see https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bu8etep76...T2uato_Ha?dl=0

This was written January 2014, against the earlier Beta of Asset on the RPi (version 4.x) and a Raspberry Pi Model B+.
          I don't believe there are any changes with the Raspberry Pi 2 (I have updated) or the Raspberry Pi 3 & the later version of Asset. I am still using the 4.2 release, but am keenly awaiting for the R5 release, with DSD playback.

Hope this helps.
          Simon.

Comment

Working...

]]>