title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Music Converter Not Found

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jdvino
    • Jul 2014

Re: Music Converter Not Found

I see neither one there but CD Ripper starts automatically when I insert a CD into my CD drive and I can open Batch Converter from the start bar. But none of the files are showing in any of my program folders.

Comment

• mville
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2008

From the folder showing in you screenshot earlier, right-click the dBpoweramp CD Ripper shortcut and select properties. This will open the shortcut properties, shortcut tab. Select the text in the Target textbox and paste it in this thread, please.

Comment

• mville
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2008

If you have no CDGrab.exe or MusicConverter.exe or DMCFileSelector.exe in a dBpoweramp folder in either C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) then I suspect McAfee is either deleting/sandboxing them.

Temporarily disable McAfee and re-install dBpoweramp. Then, select the dBpoweramp Music Converter shortcut in the Start Menu and see if it works.

Comment

• jdvino
          • Jul 2014

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\CDGrab.exe"

That is what was in the target textbox.

Comment

• jdvino
            • Jul 2014

So it was in the illustrate folder found it and took a screenshot this is what you wanted me to find I believe.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-03-16 (4).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	293124

Comment

• mville
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by jdvino
              So it was in the illustrate folder found it and took a screenshot this is what you wanted me to find I believe.
              OK, if you haven't already re-installed dBpoweramp, there are two more things to do. From the same folder showing in your screenshot earlier, right-click the dBpoweramp Music Converter shortcut, select properties and as before, paste the Target here. This will hopefully explain why the dBpoweramp Music Converter shortcut isn't working.

To fix the shortcut, right-click the MusicConverter.exe file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp, select Send To >> Desktop (create shortcut) and this will place a shortcut on your desktop. Locate this desktop shortcut and rename it dBpoweramp Music Converter. Finally cut and paste this shortcut into same folder showing in your screenshot earlier. You will be asked to replace the existing dBpoweramp Music Converter shortcut, so OK this.

The dBpoweramp Music Converter shortcut in your Start Menu should now be working.

Comment

• jdvino
                • Jul 2014

Ok I understand the second part of that but not the first. When I right click the Music Converter shortcut and select properties what do I paste in the textbox? Last time I cut and pasted what was there to this thread, is that what I should paste there?

Comment

• Spoon
                  Administrator
                  • Apr 2002

If you double click MusicConverter.exe in that folder, it runs?
                  Spoon
                  www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mville
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • Dec 2008

Ok I understand the second part of that but not the first. When I right click the Music Converter shortcut and select properties what do I paste in the textbox? Last time I cut and pasted what was there to this thread, is that what I should paste there?
                    Yes, as you did before with the dBpoweramp CD Ripper shortcut (copy and paste here, from the Target textbox), I just wanted to see what was in the Target textbox for the original dBpoweramp Music Converter shortcut as it is this shortcut that is not working for you. It may (or may not) explain why, when you select the dBpoweramp Music Converter shortcut from the Start Menu, that the MusicConveter.exe (the Target) is not running.

... however, if you have performed the second part already and overwritten the original shortcut, this is now pointless.
                    Last edited by mville; 03-17-2016, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• jdvino
                      • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Spoon
                      If you double click MusicConverter.exe in that folder, it runs?
                      No it just says file not found it must not be there at all, I guess I have to re-install.

Comment

• jdvino
                        • Jul 2014

Originally posted by mville
                        Yes, as you did before with the dBpoweramp CD Ripper shortcut (copy and paste here, from the Target textbox), I just wanted to see what was in the Target textbox for the original dBpoweramp Music Converter shortcut as it is this shortcut that is not working for you. It may (or may not) explain why, when you select the dBpoweramp Music Converter shortcut from the Start Menu, that the MusicConveter.exe (the Target) is not running.

... however, if you have performed the second part already and overwritten the original shortcut, this is now pointless.
                        And yes I did the second part all ready so I guess from here I should re-install?

Comment

• mville
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Dec 2008

No it just says file not found it must not be there at all, I guess I have to re-install.
                          Are you saying, that if you go to folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp

and double-click the MusicConverter.exe file (your screenshot from post no. 20 clearly shows it exists), that you get the error message, file not found?

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

Then security software is blocking the program from running, it is there otherwise you would not be able to click on it.
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• jdvino
                              • Jul 2014

Then I am at a loss as to how to proceed as it's not on my quarantine list, and it is in OCS.

Comment

• Spoon
                                Administrator
                                • Apr 2002

As a test uninstall your security software, reinstall dBpoweramp, if it works then you know it was causing the issues. You would have to contact the provider of the security software to find out how to get it not to interfere with legitimate softward.
                                Spoon
                                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>