title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Upgraded Asset from 4.3 to 5.1. Now DLNA has effectively stopped working

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KevinG46
    • Sep 2010

Upgraded Asset from 4.3 to 5.1. Now DLNA has effectively stopped working

Now that I have moved to Asset 5.1, DLNA on my Yamaha and Denon Amps show only 'Empty file folders". My Panasonic VT60 is behaving differently. When opened the DLNA gives a "Server not found" message. Then, over the next 10 minutes the links will display one at a time. They do work properly.

I read that someone got rid of DLNA startup issues by installing Asset 5.0. I am Premium Registered and would like to install Asset 5.0. Is an archive link available for Asset 5.0?

Any help is appreciated.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Upgraded Asset from 4.3 to 5.1. Now DLNA has effectively stopped working

Do you have an iPad, or PC?
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• KevinG46
      • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Spoon
      Do you have an iPad, or PC?
      I have A PC running win 7 x64.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Install this:

Asset Control (a UPnP / DLNA control point) is billed as the control point you have been waiting for . In UPnP there are: Server / Control Point / Renderer, where the Server catalogues tracks, Control Point creates playlists from the Server and controls the Renderer (player), all 3 elements of UPnP could reside on the same

are you able to browse correctly Asset?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• KevinG46
          • Sep 2010

Thanks for the link but I hold off installing it for the moment as I have managed to get 5.1 running successfully on my 2 amps and the VT60 Panasonic.

Here is the story.

I subscribe to a DNS routing service which can be used to make it appear that my PC is located in the US/Australia/GB etc. Very useful for a certain movie streaming service. I recalled that I had trouble connecting to MLB.com which was traced to this service.
          Following the same logic, I turned off the DNS service and lo and behold Asset 5.1 began working as it should. I turned the DNS service back on and Asset 5.1 is still working properly. Perhaps there is a setup step in the install that could not complete because of this service. I do not know why and will leave that to others more technically inclined.

As always, Asset is a great product that I use every day. Keep up the good work.

Comment

Working...

]]>